Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    I just deleted my gmail account and shut down my google account.

Bye, google.

The way you are "waging war" on MS now by doing things like making anti-WP tweets, removing activesync....

Reminds me of what a three year old would do.

"OMG MS IS ACTUALLY SUCCEEDING SO WERE GOING TO GET ALL BUTTHURT NOW".
    Last edited by Dave Blake; 12-16-2012 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Fix title
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    #Droidrage
    Banned

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus82 View Post
    #Droidrage
    Haha, I guess that gives google one "flame Windows" pass, a bit immature on MS to do that.

I'm getting away from my gmail accounts and never did use google+ and all that other stuff.

Funny how Google at the start tried to make themselves out to be a company for the people but now they are showing their true colours. Out of MS, Apple and Google, Google seems to have the most insecurity.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    #DroidRage is real. And if Google keeps up the douchiness, #GoogleRage is inevitable.

Just made an account to express my disappointment with Google. Just moved all my accounts from my GMail to Outlook.
    Jazmac and cedarlog like this.

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Now what kinda email account is everyone using? Is outlook microsofts email? Sorry for sounding dumb but I'm new to windows phones

Global Posts
    2,280 Global Posts
    Yes. :-). YOU will love it. it's outstanding

outlook.com_inbox_and_message_view.png
    - Xbox Account: SocialDanny123 Twitter: @SuDanny123

Lived in LA USA now moved to Auckland New Zealand :-)

Other devices:
    Nexus 5
    IPhone 5C
    Blackberry Z10

[IMG][/IMG]
    cedarlog likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1man View Post
    Now what kinda email account is everyone using? Is outlook microsofts email? Sorry for sounding dumb but I'm new to windows phones
    Yes, much better then gmail...
    cedarlog likes this.

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ok cool. So do I just go to microsofts home page to set up an outlook account? and is there any easy way to get my mail switched from gmail to my new one?
    sinime likes this.

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Another reason you might want to dump Google (hosted on YouTube, ironically enough):

Thanked by:
    ninjaap, cedarlog, a5cent and 5 others like this.

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    ^ ha ha ha thats funny!! So google is trying to be like APPLE?

Global Posts
    1,387 Global Posts
    If Google didn't own YouTube, I'd be completely out.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    And check out how Chrome spies on you... it uses many of the same tactics as the Carrier IQ software of 2011.

Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    Another reason you might want to dump Google (hosted on YouTube, ironically enough):

Yeah, i'm out. MS doesn't have secret agents watching you.
    Quote Originally Posted by iPwnza View Post
    Haha, I guess that gives google one "flame Windows" pass, a bit immature on MS to do that.
    but it is true. WindowsRage (malware) isn't.
    I have hotmail, love it. Same thing as outlook, but is older and a different domain.
    Thanked by:
    ^ ha ha ha thats funny!! So google is trying to be like APPLE?
    Not at all... with Apple you at least know what you are getting:

• You know that Apple will maintain tight control over everything from hardware, to software, to their entire ecosystem. Nobody else allowed.
    • You know Apple will ban competitors at a whim, because iOS isn't an open platform on which companies are welcome to do business... iOS is only a platform for Apple's business.
    • You know Apple will sell you overpriced products in exchange for printing the Apple logo on them.
    • You know that Apple builds devices with limited functionality, in exchange for stability and something so simple even your grandmothers dog can learn to use them.

Some of those things may be good or bad, depending on what you expect from technology, but they are all well understood. Apple readily admits to them. We know how Apple earns it's money.

With Google nobody knows... we know they will search through your social network, your contacts, every e-mail you received and every e-mail you ever sent on gmail, your maps, what books you read, what websites you visit, what movies you watch, everything. But we have no idea what information they extract and who it is sold to. They are champions of saving the internet from government regulations (very good), while aspiring to control it entirely themselves (bad).

When was the last time you encountered a company who's dealings are so mirky, that they found it necessary to come up with a slogan explaining what the don't do (evil)?
    Last edited by a5cent; 12-14-2012 at 10:28 PM.
    Thanked by:
    brmiller1976, AmilM and pillswoj like this.

ok cool. So do I just go to microsofts home page to set up an outlook account? and is there any easy way to get my mail switched from gmail to my new one?
    Go to outlook.com and set up a Windows Live account or use your preexisiting one you made when you started using your Windows Phone. You will easily find instructions on the home page as to how to import your emails and contacts from any other account. If you want to get rid of Gmail altogether, you'll want to set up forwarding from Gmail to the new account as well as an auto-reply to all emails saying that your address has changed.
    Thanked by:

Thieving google is scared ****less by the inevitable rise & potential of Windows Phone.
    Notice I didn't capitalize its name, that's becos its a trivia & mediocre non-entity.
    Thanks guys for enlightening me in this forum on the hideous agenda of this non-entity.
    I am going to do my own spring-cleaning of this google craps.
    Sent from my Windows 8.1 Vivotab Smart Tablet PC ��
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Stop being ridiculous. Microsoft is the one who acted like a 5 year old moron with their idiotic Droidrage and Scroogle campaigns. It's now come and bit them in the ***. Trust me only a handful of people are going to shift over to Outlook and only people in their 60s or 70s still use that atrocious service called Hotmail.
    A lot of people will simply not switch to Windows Phone if this issue becomes more highlighted. And I can't believe Windows Phone doesn't support Cal and CardDEV. Heck even Meego had that.
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robinleck View Post
    Thieving google is scared ****less by the inevitable rise & potential of Windows Phone.
    So the maker of the OS that gets activated 1.3 million times per day, has over 75% market share, has the leading search and email service is scared of Microsoft? I'm no Google fanboy, I don't like Android, but seriously those moronic statements are just sad to read. At least come up with a better and more realistic statement.

Quote Originally Posted by ammarmalik2011 View Post
    So the maker of the OS that gets activated 1.3 million times per day, has over 75% market share, has the leading search and email service is scared of Microsoft? I'm no Google fanboy, I don't like Android, but seriously those moronic statements are just sad to read. At least come up with a better and more realistic statement.
    You are juz a moronic loser who love to support & cheer the winner of the day juz to make yourself feel good & superior.
    I have seen cowards like you, go back to your cage & stop being anal here.
    Sent from my Windows 8.1 Vivotab Smart Tablet PC ��
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robinleck View Post
    You are juz a moronic loser who love to support & cheer the winner of the day juz to make yourself feel good & superior.
    I have seen cowards like you, go back to your cage & stop being anal here.
    ^ Is that how all Windows Phone fans are? I certainly hope not. How about next time use the creative part of you brain and come up with a solid answer. You think I can't be offensive? Stop acting like a tiger on the internet.

I’m glad I stopped using their services a while ago.... F..... google....
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast