Asking some questions before purchasing

DarcMobile

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm interested in HTC 8S. I know the storage is very limited but it's okay for me.

So I want to ask general question about WP8
1. In WP7 the search button always bring us to bing. Is it still like that? Because I hate it

2. Now I'm using android and really like how I can press Share button in app like YouTube or dropbox then share the link to whatsapp, email, etc.
Is this Share feature integrated in WP8?

Thanks

kerryprsp

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm interested in HTC 8S. I know the storage is very limited but it's okay for me.

So I want to ask general question about WP8
1. In WP7 the search button always bring us to bing. Is it still like that? Because I hate it

2. Now I'm using android and really like how I can press Share button in app like YouTube or dropbox then share the link to whatsapp, email, etc.
Is this Share feature integrated in WP8?

Thanks
The search button has the same functionality in WP8. As for the share feature I'm not sure.

DarcMobile

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I hope Microsoft change the search button to act like in windows 8. Did they really think everyone want to use bing?
I will hold off until then.

Lumis90

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
In WP 7.8 you can change IE search engine to google, but when pressing search button, bing is still here. Try it at the store.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
1. yes. the dedicated search will always take you to bing. it not only is the search but gives you very quick access to vision and music. ( QR and bar code scanning, and music identification.)

2. The share integration is by far the easiest i have used in any platform. android is a real close second. apple was the weirdest for me.

DarcMobile

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
1. yes. the dedicated search will always take you to bing. it not only is the search but gives you very quick access to vision and music. ( QR and bar code scanning, and music identification.)2. The share integration is by far the easiest i have used in any platform. android is a real close second. apple was the weirdest for me.
Thanks, I was hoping the search button would be app-specific.I guess I will wait until wp8 is mature enough

UnfixedPyle

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I was hoping the search button would be app-specific.I guess I will wait until wp8 is mature enough

You are going to be waiting a while, because there is nothing to "Mature" about he search button. When the first put out WP7 it was an app specific search button, but it was confusing because sometimes it brought up app search and sometimes it brought up Bing. So they switched it to its current functionality where it always goes to Bing. It is possible that they could add a universal type search in Bing, but I haven't hear anything about that happening.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss