- 12-15-2012, 11:11 AM #1
on my brand new HTC 8X, I simply want to sign into my Google account in IE10. It doesn't work, neither in mobile nor in desktop mode.
When I tap on "Sign in", I enter my user name & password. Then I click on the "sign in" button. The browser quickly shows "Click here to continue", and then goes back to the search home page, without signing me in.
I feel a bit dumb that this is not working - it was no problem on all my previous phones.
Does anyone else have this problem?
- 12-15-2012, 05:41 PM #3Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.
Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
Want to make Windows Phone better? Let it stay unique?
Let it be nicer than anything out there? - PLEASE VOTE THESE
- 12-17-2012, 04:01 AM #6
I tried clear browsing data, and restarted the phone. I also ensured that cookies are accepted. It's still the same behaviour.
If I type in a wrong password, the system recognizes this. This means, the communication principally works. But I still do not get logged in.
Can anyone with a HTC 8X confirm this?
- 12-17-2012, 09:46 AM #8
I found the solution. It seems to have something to do with the country-specific redirection . Because I live in Switzerland, google automatically redirects me to Google, even if I type in Google. When I sign in there, for some strange reason this doesn't work.
When I sign in from Google (which suppresses the country-specific redirection), everything works as expected :-)
- By HeyCori in forum The "Off Topic" LoungeReplies: 0Last Post: 01-14-2012, 04:42 PM
- By galius in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 11-25-2011, 07:01 PM
- By JPDVM2014 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 09-15-2011, 08:48 PM
- By yeewiz in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 14Last Post: 05-31-2011, 12:29 PM