- 12-15-2012, 10:11 AM #1
on my brand new HTC 8X, I simply want to sign into my Google account in IE10. It doesn't work, neither in mobile nor in desktop mode.
When I tap on "Sign in", I enter my user name & password. Then I click on the "sign in" button. The browser quickly shows "Click here to continue", and then goes back to the search home page, without signing me in.
I feel a bit dumb that this is not working - it was no problem on all my previous phones.
Does anyone else have this problem?
- 12-15-2012, 04:41 PM #3Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.
Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
- 12-17-2012, 03:01 AM #6
I tried clear browsing data, and restarted the phone. I also ensured that cookies are accepted. It's still the same behaviour.
If I type in a wrong password, the system recognizes this. This means, the communication principally works. But I still do not get logged in.
Can anyone with a HTC 8X confirm this?
- 12-17-2012, 08:46 AM #8
I found the solution. It seems to have something to do with the country-specific redirection . Because I live in Switzerland, google automatically redirects me to Google, even if I type in Google. When I sign in there, for some strange reason this doesn't work.
When I sign in from Google (which suppresses the country-specific redirection), everything works as expected :-)
- By HeyCori in forum The "Off Topic" LoungeReplies: 0Last Post: 01-14-2012, 03:42 PM
- By galius in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 11-25-2011, 06:01 PM
- By JPDVM2014 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 09-15-2011, 07:48 PM
- By yeewiz in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 14Last Post: 05-31-2011, 11:29 AM