Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By eric12341

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Hi,
    on my brand new HTC 8X, I simply want to sign into my Google account in IE10. It doesn't work, neither in mobile nor in desktop mode.
    When I tap on "Sign in", I enter my user name & password. Then I click on the "sign in" button. The browser quickly shows "Click here to continue", and then goes back to the search home page, without signing me in.

I feel a bit dumb that this is not working - it was no problem on all my previous phones.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Maybe clear browsing data and history? Could be something is stuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by urs.meili View Post
    Hi,
    on my brand new HTC 8X, I simply want to sign into my Google account in IE10. It doesn't work, neither in mobile nor in desktop mode.
    When I tap on "Sign in", I enter my user name & password. Then I click on the "sign in" button. The browser quickly shows "Click here to continue", and then goes back to the search home page, without signing me in.

I feel a bit dumb that this is not working - it was no problem on all my previous phones.

Does anyone else have this problem?
    maybe issues on Google side?
    My guess is its Google hijacking WP and W8.
    fusioncept likes this.

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Could be, I wouldn't be surprised -- except I can log in (and stay logged in) just fine. Lumia 920 here.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I tried clear browsing data, and restarted the phone. I also ensured that cookies are accepted. It's still the same behaviour.

If I type in a wrong password, the system recognizes this. This means, the communication principally works. But I still do not get logged in.

Can anyone with a HTC 8X confirm this?

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Are you using any security features of Google? Like 2 steps verifications and such?

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I found the solution. It seems to have something to do with the country-specific redirection . Because I live in Switzerland, google automatically redirects me to Google, even if I type in Google. When I sign in there, for some strange reason this doesn't work.
    When I sign in from Google (which suppresses the country-specific redirection), everything works as expected :-)