- 12-16-2012, 07:46 PM #1
Wp8 is a breathe of fresh air compare to wp7/7.5.
But It's still far from prefect, so they roll out an OTA update to fix some issues.
But let's be realistic here, the update will stop at some point. They can fix and change little things, but some major features will only be available in the next gen of OS. Just like 7.8 will never be the same as 8.
So, what do you want to see in wp9? Remember, it should be significant enough to be considered in the next OS.
EDIT: let me clarify. No I don't mean wp8 device won't be able to be upgraded to wp9 (or will it?!), I was trying to ask the difference between the two generations of OS only.
WP8 vs WP9, what will be the difference?
Last edited by Ka Kit U; 12-16-2012 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Clarify
12-16-2012, 07:54 PM #3
- 589 Posts
Its a bit hard to even talk about the next OS right now. WP8 is just out the door. In the mobile world, what is there that we dont have that they cant provide in an update? At the present time, while the OS is far from perfect and needs to have some features/tweaks added, there doesnt seem to be a huge need for anything yet that we would want in the next OS. I expect we will have at least one major update for WP8, and a couple smaller ones that arent strictly bug fixes. With those, I expect to see the features we've been wanting like sound control and notification center.
I really cant think of anything to be honest.
12-16-2012, 07:58 PM #4
- 1,424 Posts
Third paragraph I believe is wrong, because wp7 ran on a different kernel so the usefulness to run a more feature rich os on the specs wp7 has is not good.
I believe wp9 will definitely come to wp8 handsets at least higher end models.
Now that wp8 is converted over to a new kernel and allows for more flexibility (able to support up to 64cores) these phones seems future proof.
12-16-2012, 08:06 PM #5
- 32 Posts
Wp9 i believe will come wp WP8. The apps will work as well, unlike WP7.
My predictions for WP9:
(1) Lumia's: this might even happen with an update to WP8, having the tap to awake feature (like the N9) instead of hitting a button.
(2) Always on time/date shown on the standby screen
(3) Better voice control (Siri competitor)
(4) Notification screen (more like WP8 honestly)
(5) Multitasking: known to come, ability to close apps running
(6) Edge to edge gestures like W8: maybe a swipe down to close apps, and some other gestures.
Thats all for now.
- 12-16-2012, 08:33 PM #9
- By justwar88 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 40Last Post: 02-23-2012, 11:24 PM
- By JAStark27 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 71Last Post: 10-14-2011, 11:05 PM
- By haikallp in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 13Last Post: 08-17-2011, 12:17 AM
- By Paul Acevedo in forum Windows Phone GamesReplies: 105Last Post: 08-10-2011, 08:00 AM
- By jtn05 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 55Last Post: 01-19-2011, 11:19 AM