annoying windows phone 8 feature

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean Nokia Drive? It doesn't take more than a couple of minutes to download the offline maps. If you are talking about Bing Maps, you could buy a maps program that does offer offline maps.

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you mean Nokia Drive? It doesn't take more than a couple of minutes to download the offline maps. If you are talking about Bing Maps, you could buy a maps program that does offer offline maps.

ya Nokia Maps. All of US takes longer than a couple of minutes. Its just annoying. I never know if a task will finish if I eave the program.

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, how often do you download the entire US map in Nokia maps?

you miss the point, I don't want to wait for anything to finish. I ve seen better implementation of dowloading than wp8. Not to mention better implementation of switching tasks. And I am not talking about IOS.

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Because apps get put in a suspended state once you leave them. It's so you don't drain the **** out of your battery--you know the key thing about owning a mobile device and one that MS considers a top priority.

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
you miss the point, I don't want to wait for anything to finish. I ve seen better implementation of dowloading than wp8. Not to mention better implementation of switching tasks. And I am not talking about IOS.

i hope ur not talking about android...

3ibs

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

Agreed. Multitasking on WP8 is very stupid. If you have an app open and then press the windows button and try to open the app from the tiles it opens it up as if it wasn't open. That just makes no sense.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes