Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Why cant windows phone 8 download maps in the background?
    Do you mean Nokia Drive? It doesn't take more than a couple of minutes to download the offline maps. If you are talking about Bing Maps, you could buy a maps program that does offer offline maps.

Quote Originally Posted by rdubmu View Post
    Do you mean Nokia Drive? It doesn't take more than a couple of minutes to download the offline maps. If you are talking about Bing Maps, you could buy a maps program that does offer offline maps.
    ya Nokia Maps. All of US takes longer than a couple of minutes. Its just annoying. I never know if a task will finish if I eave the program.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakoh View Post
    ya Nokia Maps. All of US takes longer than a couple of minutes. Its just annoying. I never know if a task will finish if I eave the program.
    Just out of curiosity, how often do you download the entire US map in Nokia maps?

Global Posts
    1,617 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how often do you download the entire US map in Nokia maps?
    Hey, you got to have the off-freeway route from LA to NY what with all the dead spots in between. :D

Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    you miss the point, I don't want to wait for anything to finish. I ve seen better implementation of dowloading than wp8. Not to mention better implementation of switching tasks. And I am not talking about IOS.

Because apps get put in a suspended state once you leave them. It's so you don't drain the **** out of your battery--you know the key thing about owning a mobile device and one that MS considers a top priority.

you miss the point, I don't want to wait for anything to finish. I ve seen better implementation of dowloading than wp8. Not to mention better implementation of switching tasks. And I am not talking about IOS.
    i hope ur not talking about android...

Quote Originally Posted by Nataku4ca View Post
    i hope ur not talking about android...
    offcourse not.

Someone who has the flaw has a business partner who has that implementation.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Agreed. Multitasking on WP8 is very stupid. If you have an app open and then press the windows button and try to open the app from the tiles it opens it up as if it wasn't open. That just makes no sense.