- 12-17-2012, 07:52 AM #1
Hey guys this is my first ever forum post so i hope i don't annoy anyone with my sub par grammar.
I have had windows phone since it came out, i first had the HTC mozart, then the Samsung Omnia 7, then the Lumia 800 and now the Lumia 920
i love the 920 and its improvements, and the new Facebook update 4.1 is a big improvement in terms of speed, but there are still a few things related to the overall look that put me off using the app and they are minor things but they irritate me!
COMMENT WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE IMPROVED
1. i cant stand how much space the Facebook banner takes up on the screen, for example when I'm on my news feed, i want to see my news feed, but i have a banner a few centimetres in height, which is just not necessary, the word Facebook doesn't need to be so large! i know its Facebook already, id like it to be a nice compact banner where i can still access the three main icons.
2. title sizes throughout the app. the sizes of headings like news feed, inbox, photos, and all the headings on the home screen are all bigger than they need to be, id prefer them to be smaller so i can see more on the screen in the first place.
3. the home screen. the home screen which allows to to quickly click into your profile, friends messages, events, etc. this page all seems a bit un finished, i think it could look really nice if they were all tiles compacted together instead of a long list.
4. bottom toolbar size. another one for size, i feel like the toolbar at the bottom is a bit in your face, perhaps it could be a bit smaller or even hidden slightly like it appears when your swipe across to photos, just so you have more real estate for what is really important.
these are the main things that id like to see improved, sorry about my grammar, I'm to tired to correct it.
leave a comment below with the top things that irritate you, but don't just hate! if there is anything you love about the app then share it!
- 12-17-2012, 09:57 AM #4
The #1 issue for me is the fact that the facebook app feed (and from the people tile too) is full of craptastic game requests and game posts from friends.
I have these type of things blocked so when i pull up Facebook on a browser (or using the iOS or Android app) I get a nice clean feed of the stuff I actually want to see.
Windows Phone needs to display the same feed every other app/website displays. It's junk otherwise. Junk I say! :-)
12-17-2012, 10:58 AM #6
- 5 Posts
- 12-17-2012, 04:34 PM #8
its annoying cause a lot of people these days use their phones for Facebook as much as they use it for calling and texting, yet there isnt enough effort going towards making it a complete app.
perhaps they want us to use the FB integration, but even that offers little functionality.
- 12-17-2012, 05:03 PM #9
Sorry, bro, I can't get your back on this one. I like the look and layout of the app, and the size of the headings and whatnot. I think other FB apps on other platforms are far too small in that area. Of course, I'm 43, on a computer all day long, and probably need some form of glasses or contacts or something. :)
- 12-17-2012, 05:05 PM #11
Just get Facebook to develop the app like they do on iPhone and Android. Ditch the metro interface and just give us a fully functional app. MS's attempt has been pathetic, and I honestly don't see it ever getting better without facebook's support
12-18-2012, 03:53 AM #15
- 309 Posts
Here's my list from OneNote. Did I miss anything?
NEEDS THE ABILITY TO
• edit profile/groups/pages/notes/etc.
• edit album/photo descriptions
• edit comments
• reply to comments
• save pics to phone
• copy stuff
• add events with descriptions
• upload videos
• unlike pages/unfriend people
• hide people and one's statuses on newsfeed
• remove self from groups
• post pics to people's walls
• see friends of friends
• attach pics/docs in messages
• share statuses/pics/pages
• manage pages/groups
• view comments on notes
• like notes
• see/click tags in statuses/comments
• timeline events
• @ (at) tag function for friends/pages
• a faster way to go back to home
• ABC click format for pages/groups/lists/etc.
• docs in groups
• landscape support
• fix filters for lists that contain pages
• fix videos not loading
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
02-05-2013, 01:02 PM #17
- 2 Posts
First off, i really like the UI. I don't mind the loss in the news feed real estate. It just stands out amongst every other fb app. I really want the ability to view comments for a photo, and like them. I was surprised to see that it wasn't supported. Had to do it via ma iPhone. Other than that, I'd prefer a real time window for notifications and messages than being redirected to another page. That's something i would love. That's it. I don't think i need to see any other major change without which i cant use the fb app satisfactorily. :))
- 02-05-2013, 01:56 PM #24
- By Bifurcated in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 44Last Post: 07-07-2013, 04:52 PM
- By crystal_planet in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 52Last Post: 11-22-2012, 10:16 PM
- By Simon Tupper in forum Upcoming & Rumored Windows PhonesReplies: 46Last Post: 09-17-2012, 10:20 PM
- By TofuDelight in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 1Last Post: 09-15-2012, 10:50 PM
- By CJ Thunder in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 13Last Post: 03-17-2011, 04:56 PM