Using own email address for Live account vs .outlook?

mpovolo

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I currently have my live account setup with my own personal email address, which is really my own domain name running with POP email so email goes into my live account also. Is there any difference in using this versus setting up a live account using an outlook or .live email login and then adding my domain pop email to that account.

thanks

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I use my own domain, but I used the MX DNS entries found on domains.live.com with my domain so my email goes directly to my outlook.com account. No waiting for POP3 or anything, happens instantly. Cut out the middle man, just send mail directly to your account.

This way you retain your personal email address and domain, and don't have to wait for anything to be fetched or forwarding. Fetching with POP3 creates a time delay and forwarding, even blind forwarding, can on rare occasion create problems

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I found using a different email just didn't sync well into windows 8, I had calendar issues, so I just switched to a full blown ms account and haven't had any issues since

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss