xbox smartglass, good for anything?

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Nokia already has an DLNA app, its called Play To. I've been using it regularly to play videos from my Lumia 710 on my xbox. Not sure if its available yet for Windows Phone 8 though. Meanwhile I've been streaming videos from my Windows 7 PC to my xbox using Windows Media Center. Not sure if I would lose this feature when I upgrade to Windows 8.

kwajr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Well you can't push files to the Xbox but you can search for any content like in the store also from apps and tell it to play on Xbox.would love to know why the **** they disabled keyboard like when using YouTube it would be great to use the phones are win 8 keyboard to search

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I can't get enough of IE with smartglass. Controlling Xbox was cool for the first couple of days, but then it got really frustrating and I went back to controller.

laserfloyd

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I tried something yesterday that was pretty cool. I was at work and managed to start a netflix title on xbox via smartglass. I had no idea what I started playing until the thumb popped up and i saw the controls to pause/stop etc. Not bad. A lot of potential... potential. :)

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone got this working in their 920? Playing Forza Horizon and Smartglass is showing as unavailable. No idea why. It works fine on my Windows 8 PC as well which is annoying.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes