Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I've read a couple of sites that say that the Skydrive Pro app is already available as part of the Office Hub for Windows Phone 8. I've been using the new Office/SharePoint and have Skydrive Pro working on my laptop; however, i can't for the life of me get it to work on WP8. Does anyone know if this is actually part of the Office hub or is it something that still has yet to be released and the articles I'm reading are incorrect?

This is one of the items that's key for me to demo to my CIO to push WP8 so I'd love to do it sooner if it's available.

Thanks all,

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    There is a Skydrive app, do you mean that? What is Skydrive Pro?

Skydrive Pro is what they are calling the new Sharepoint storage/groove application i think. My Office 365 has skydrive pro, and it comes with Office 2013 as well. I connect my office 365 account to my windows phone and i see my team site as well as data stored on their in the office hub, right below skydrive...hope this helps.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Thanks cooperma, I have added it in there already and can see a few sections, I have the Team Site, Documents which is my skydrive in 365 and also my site. I was hoping there was a skydrive pro client like there is for the normal skydrive that syncs the files offline. Maybe the offline feature will be coming in a future Office hub update.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,535 Global Posts
    skydrive pro is just skydrive aimed at biz. there are no huge differences between it and skydrive.

Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    skydrive pro is just skydrive aimed at biz. there are no huge differences between it and skydrive.
    Not entirely true. Skydrive Pro is backed by Sharepoint 2013. It can be self hosted if you have an on-premise Sharepoint installation or hosted in Office 365. It is NOT standalone like Skydrive is.

any update on this? i understand that microsoft is only allowing office sky drive pro (or sharepoint 2013) through office pro / enterprise / office 365
    any possible way to get just a sharepoint aka skydrive pro client?

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    You can do Office 365 and get access to a sharepoint server (or a third party hosted exchange/sharepoint provider)

Can you have photos save automatically to your skydrive pro account just like a regular skydrive account? Curious because for our claim adjusters for the business I work for they take tons of photos. They all have digital camera's now, but if this works it would save them the hassle of transferring all the photos off of a card onto a laptop (may soon be a surface pro).
    When you open Office app, theres an option "Office 365". I dont if it's is about.