12-17-2012, 06:09 PM #1
- 1 Posts
Okay, maybe this is so simple that no one needs it to be addressed except me, but I can't seem to figure it out.
I signed up for a new Outlook.com e-mail address when it first came out, instead of an alias. It got linked up to my Live account, which I use a Gmail account to log in an access. Now, whenever I go to outlook.com, I log in with my Gmail account, then I have to go to the drop down in the upper right to select my outlook.com e-mail address (by default it goes to some other mail box...probably for a hotmail account, but I don't even remember anymore).
Now that I have a WP8, I'm trying to set up the outlook.com e-mail on it. I have my Microsoft account all set up, but it's only receiving e-mail from whatever this other mailbox is, not from the Outlook.com mailbox. I've tried to add a new mailbox with my outlook.com e-mail address, but to my knowledge I don't have a separate password, just my Windows Live login.
So what am I missing here? Seems like this should be simple.
Thanks for your help
12-17-2012, 07:50 PM #2
- 868 Posts
You should be able to see if it is linked by going to your name in the upper right, click Account settings, then Permissions -> Linked accounts on the left menu. Seems like you have it linked to another account or something of that nature."Bro, you know I lift cause I use a Lumia 920..."
- 12-17-2012, 09:59 PM #3
If it's a linked outlook.com account, you should have a separate login and pass for it. You need to set it up as a separate account on your device. Then you can link the inboxes on your device, if desired.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
- By mrbofus in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 11Last Post: 12-13-2012, 02:09 PM
- By GomzyRockz in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 12-11-2012, 04:39 PM
- By Spdracer in forum Nokia Lumia 820Replies: 2Last Post: 11-29-2012, 09:50 AM
- By meathead88 in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 7Last Post: 11-03-2012, 10:02 PM
- By phpfreek2007 in forum Developers CornerReplies: 0Last Post: 06-06-2012, 01:45 AM