Sluggish Xbox Music Performance (SD card related?)

mcherrick68

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I believe I have heard other people complain about this, but within xbox music on the phone, when i press an artist, or pretty much try to play any music, there is a good few second lag between me tapping and the song actually playing. I have all my music on a 16gb Class 2 sd card, which i know is too slow, and I am getting a new one soon, but I don't think it's related to the speed of the card, since I've heard other people complain about the same thing with faster cards. Is anyone on hear experiencing similar issues? Do you have your music stored on the phone or an sd card?

Do you think something like this will be fixed in the portico update, or am I the only one experiencing performance issues?

jayman713

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a Lumia 820 with a Clas 10 64gb SDXC card. There are around 8000 songs currently loaded on the card. If I go to songs and pres play it will take a few seconds for the song to play, meanwhile the whole phone is locked up for about a minute before I can do anything else on it. Screen is frozen and none of the buttone do anything.

Keiwan D

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 820 with a Clas 10 64gb SDXC card. There are around 8000 songs currently loaded on the card. If I go to songs and pres play it will take a few seconds for the song to play, meanwhile the whole phone is locked up for about a minute before I can do anything else on it. Screen is frozen and none of the buttone do anything.

I have a lumia 920 with just over 2k songs on it and the same thing happens to me. It only seems to happen if I try to play a song from the songs list. If I go to a specific artist or album it doesn't happen. I think it might have to do with the number of songs in whatever list your looking at. So when looking at my song list with over 2k it lags a big. Where as looking at a single artist or album with only say 10-100 songs there is no lag.

mcherrick68

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Just got a brand new SanDisk class 10 32gb card hoping it would remedy all the lag present, but I've had no such luck. Music playing and browsing shows a lot of lag, taking a photo, even though it isn't saving to the SD card still lags, and there is even a second or 2 delay when pressing the settings tile on my start screen

cashcar1979

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Same here...Xbox Music is a big step backwards. I used to rave about Zune, but am now pushing friends to stay away and utilize other services. Hoping Amazon gets a mp3 and cloud app for WP8. Superior service...

Bomberfrog

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue on my L920, its gotta be related to the number of Tracks and mem read speed, as I had around 1000 songs on and had the delay, I then due tto some annoying issues with Syncing to Win8 removed all the music and have just downloaded a few tracks and they now load straight away.

Where I notice most lag is when I hit the Play all button (which is how I normally start my music playing...

mcherrick68

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Well I wouldn't expect it to happen on an 8x since I believe its SD card related. I took out my SD card and it seemed much snappier but couldn't really judge Xbox music performance since I have no songs stored on my phone.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here even with a Sandisk UHS-I/Class 10 64gb card. The XBOX Music host seems to get overloaded if you load too many songs (ridiculous). Actually, the email client has this problem, too. Too many emails and it starts to get unstable.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I have a lumia 920 with just over 2k songs on it and the same thing happens to me. It only seems to happen if I try to play a song from the songs list. If I go to a specific artist or album it doesn't happen. I think it might have to do with the number of songs in whatever list your looking at. So when looking at my song list with over 2k it lags a big. Where as looking at a single artist or album with only say 10-100 songs there is no lag.

I also have the same thing aas you two, with an 820 filled up with approximately 8000 songs. I don't think the card is the problem, WP creates a complete playlsit and this process seems to interrupt anything else.

mcherrick68

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully the windows phone team realizes this. The main reason I liked windows phone in the first place was that it worked well with zune, and then they took that away, which i could live with, but now the music player on the phone is awful, and having a good music player in my phone is one of the main reasons I use it.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Reformatted with sd org utility, card still stutters and sometimes locks the phone up requiring battery pull. This is all pretty sad considering how solid Zune was on wp7... Team should be fired!

Mark Roffey

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I get the same too. I had a 4gb SD card in my Lumia 620 and there was not problems with that. But now I have class 10 64gb card in there, and it's just awful. As other people have said, it's unacceptable.

Is there anywhere on ms.com where we can raise this?

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I get the same too. I had a 4gb SD card in my Lumia 620 and there was not problems with that. But now I have class 10 64gb card in there, and it's just awful. As other people have said, it's unacceptable.

Is there anywhere on ms.com where we can raise this?

do you also have this problem with only a few songs on the card? It seems to me that the card isn't the problem, but playing music from a large list is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon