at&t: You're a joke.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
First of all, this carrier locks down the 920, then fails to advertise. Meanwhile Verizon is running 8x and Lumia 822 commercials 24/7. What a shame. At&t being the premium carrier is killing wp8.

FinsUpDNC

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
have you been to a store since the phone launched? Every ATT corporate store in the NYC area has every employee where blue Windows shirts. Not saying they can't do more, but the in store has been great.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about you, but I've see a ton of Wil Arnett commercials about the Lumia 920...

The Jessica Alba commercial, while not specifically for AT&T, showcases the 920 which can only be purchased through AT&T...

They're running ads...

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
First of all, this carrier locks down the 920, then fails to advertise. Meanwhile Verizon is running 8x and Lumia 822 commercials 24/7. What a shame. At&t being the premium carrier is killing wp8.

Really, because my AT&T has a huge Lumia 920 display on the wall, and all the reps carry 920s and actually know about them.

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a TV, but AT&T Lumia 920 commercials are everywhere on Hulu. There are quite a few Windows 8, Surface, Yoga, WP8, and Verizon 8x ads as well I've been seeing. That's way more than I'd seen in the past for WP7.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
First of all, this carrier locks down the 920, then fails to advertise.

You should put down the crack pipe. :D I see many Will Arnett commercials for AT&T and the 920, every radio station I listen to is nearly spamming me with AT&T/920 commercials, every AT&T store I go to has Windows Phone and the Lumia 920 in all their windows and postered all over the walls... and I gotta tell you, their 4G LTE coverage is awesome for me. So, yeah. Heh.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I've seen plenty of 920 ads from AT&T. Also, when you walk into AT&T store, you usually see a stand with wireless charging plate and stand, JBL speaker and 920s around them.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Ima. Tmobile fan anyway, but my ATT stores suck for WP. The 920 is in the back of the store with no JBL Speakers and no wireless charging plates on display. We have a black and white one on display and the white one doesn't even turn on and the black one is all scratched up... They both still had the Lumia 900 tag also, but they fixed that now. No 920 commercials on in my area (or I've yet to see one) but alot of 8X commercials.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
There is a joke and it ain't AT&T. At least not on the TV in Las Vegas or ANY of the AT&T stores I've been in. Its literately flooded with Nokia gear and ads.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
AT&T stores in Boston and suburbs have multiple 920s on display in front left, where in the US you first walk in...clockwise. The apples are in the front too, but on the right. Finally, the best isn't saved for last. Young adults are always buying the Windows phone, children are always accompanied by a parent with credit card to get that iPhone. 80% true anyway from what I've seen. Even though I have my own 920, I still play with the ones in the store >_<

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
(To the original poster) I don't know what you're smoking... the advertising on TV and media has been incredible. In store, well, it's hit or miss depending on the store. Although they're almost all wearing blue Windows shirts, and there are HUGE signs and displays all over the place (my favorite is the Santa's Phone), there are still a lot of sales people bashing on Windows Phone left and right. At my local store, I had one rep the day before the launch refuse to let me pre-order one saying, "we don't even know if we're getting them or not." I said, "Really? The phone launches tomorrow, and you don't know? How about you look it up on your computer?" The next day, I went in, and every rep knew about it and was singing their praises. I told them about the one rep, and they just apologized and continued with the sale.

I've had the same experience walking into T-Mobile and Verizon stores around northeast Ohio where I live. Some of them are willing to sell me the world, no matter which world I want, and others try to sell me a specific planet.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen NOT ONE Will Arnett, but I see about 20 Gwen Stefani 8 X commercials per sitting (I watch few hours of tv a day) weird.

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
at&t a joke? not from where I sit/stand.
L920 on display front left of my corp store.
also on display in rear left of same store.
huge banner behind counters.
reps in windows 8 t-shirts.

so I guess at&t sucks at getting the word out, huh.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
If you think you can do a better job OP, then you should promptly submit a resume to AT&T. Make sure you tell them what stupid a&*^*&^&^ they are as you have here.

Unfortunately I haven't seen too many openings for armchair-CEO's....

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Att may be a joke, but not when it comes to marketing. To me their service is overpriced to pay for marketing and handset promotions. I'll stick with tmo, even if they are 6 months behind on flagship hardware.

Jastow

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
"They see me trollin,
They hatin,
trolling around they tryin to catch me posting dirty"
Win8 & WP8 are everywhere; even NBC's sunday night NFL online stream of the game replaced their Aaron Rodgers commercials with win8
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss