How do i Turn off timestamp display in the top-right corner

KeepAustinWeird

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Bummer.

Just added a tile with time and weather info, the way I like...but cannot get rid of the now redundant timestamp display.
this should be customizable, MS.

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Remove the time stamp from the tile and it will no longer be redundant! But alas, it won't be how you like it?!? Its back to Android I guess...

KeepAustinWeird

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Lol. Will give up using smartphones before using android. Never!
Not a deal breaker, just was tweaking the layouts a bit.

-- moved from iOS after 3 yrs. love the freshness of the WP8.
in it for the long haul.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'd be concerned about an app that shows the current time on a tile. In order to do that and be accurate more than once or twice an hour, it has to be running in the background - not a background task, but RUNNING - all the time, which is opposed to the WP philosophy, which was created in part to save battery. In order for an app to run in the background all the time, it has to be "claiming" use of certain services, like background audio or location services. If that's all it does is tell the time and weather on a tile, I would be highly suspicious of this app, especially if I started having battery life problems. Background tasks only run 1-2 times an hour, which means your tile would only be updated that often, so the time would be wrong most of the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes