XBox music's more annoyances.

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
The whole thing is a bunch of stupid designs.
I have the Xbox music pass, and spend sometime building my cloud collection - painstakingly recreating all the playlists I have on Spotify in Xbox music on windows 8. The thing is - when I stream the song, the song is not downloaded automatically - not like iTunes match or if I recall correctly Spotify. Then here is the 4 device constraint. I found that any account can have only 4 devices - the problem is they only allow you to remove 2 in 30 days, and because of different problems I am on my 3rd Lumia 920.... So my exchanged Nokia was cut off because I have too many devices.... The pain will be less if they put out a FAQ and tell you what that stupid error code means.... Basically it means nothing and after trial and fail I finally figured it out....
Still, they throw out Spotify..... Coupled with apps like whatsapp faking streams, the whole music experience is a disaster

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
:Limiting the number of times you can change a devices in a month is standard practice. Sky for example will only allow you to change one of your devices each month.

arterbizzle

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I've had to call support because of this in the past. They were very helpful and increased the number of devices I could change for the month. Worth a shot, this was when it was still Zune music pass.

jusatin

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any negative experienses with the Xbox music app. That bundled together with my Nokia Music, great great great :)

Although I can see why you are upset, but I can also see the thinking at Microsofts end. (I for example abused the **** out of Spotify back in the days when I was a android user, I would get 1 month of free premium, download all my playlists for offline, and then turn on offline mode from Spotify. Then download the same songs to a friends phone and do the same trick. As long as they disabled internet whenever launching the Spotify in offline mode, there could be 5-10 people using my account for free forever. (This got fixed I think but as long as you didn't update the app, everything worked lie a charm.)

I think that's why the device limitation.

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any negative experienses with the Xbox music app. That bundled together with my Nokia Music, great great great :)

Although I can see why you are upset, but I can also see the thinking at Microsofts end. (I for example abused the **** out of Spotify back in the days when I was a android user, I would get 1 month of free premium, download all my playlists for offline, and then turn on offline mode from Spotify. Then download the same songs to a friends phone and do the same trick. As long as they disabled internet whenever launching the Spotify in offline mode, there could be 5-10 people using my account for free forever. (This got fixed I think but as long as you didn't update the app, everything worked lie a charm.)

I think that's why the device limitation.

Music pirating is quite easy so if I only want to get free music - I would use Spotify or Xbox music. My problem is I want to do it legally and most important, have the cloud sync options. I always create playlists and syncing them with either iTunes match or Spotify is easy, and don't have this stupid constraints

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I just find the program on the phone to be completely user unfriendly and almost as if monkeys with no experience in music players was tasked with putting it together. And I'm not even talking about cloud based content. I mean just handling my local music collection

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Xbox music is mostly miss. Good thing its so bad because it can only get better, I hope. I receive email every month telling me my music pass is about to expire. It's auto renew. Sooner or later they will get their **** together and make it perform as promised. And hopefully a complete overhaul on UI.

jmmusick

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I've found Xbox Music to be the best alternative to Spotify (for now...) I've recreated my most important playlists and have even found that there's a bit more music in the Xbox store than there is on Spotify. However, creating playlists is a pain. Why can't I drag and drop? Why do I have to use the Windows 8 app to make playlists? Why doesn't the app reopen to where I was? Why do I have to click 3 places to get to the playlists on my phone? Why can't I make an entire playlist offline without selecting individual songs? Why can't I simply add a song to my playlist from the Music Store? More specifically, why do I have to download it?

For these reason, I'm just super excited for Spotify to be released on WP8.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos