- 12-20-2012, 05:39 AM #1
In Denmark (speaking Danish), we have some quite interesting word rules. Here, two words can be combined, almost no matter what the words are, in some scenarios. For instance, "taxi driver officer" must be concatenated into "taxidriverofficer", since it is understood as one object as a whole. In other words, "taxi driver officer" would actually have been wrong, even though those 3 words are correct by themselves.
Now, let's move on to my point. In Windows Phone 7, the autocorrect system for Denmark was perfect. Now, it actually adds mistakes, and corrects non-mistakes as I type. It makes me look like a ****** when texting someone.
Here's just a few examples of false positives that are corrected (although, due to the nature of the Danish word system there are at least a few hundred).
- Julegaver (meaning "christmas presents") becomes "jule gaver", which is wrong.
- Yderdøren (meaning "the outer door") becomes "yder døren", which is wrong.
I'll keep this post updated as I detect more occurences. I know it's kind of weird I complain when I only have one example above, but it happens regularly (5 times a day or so). I just can't find any examples of it at the moment.
Are any other Danish users having this problem?
Last edited by ffMathy; 12-23-2012 at 11:49 AM.
12-20-2012, 07:04 AM #4
- 83 Posts
When it detects a "misspelled" word, one of the options that should pop up above the keyboard is the word you have typed and a +, so in your example it should say "+Julegaver" Just tap that and it will be added to the phones dictionary and not ever be autocorrected again. Hope that helps
- 12-23-2012, 11:48 AM #5
12-23-2012, 12:04 PM #6
- 16 Posts
There may be a lot of them, but it take 2 second to punch between the two words, delete the space , then tap the word and it will show up in the bar with a + sign. I have probably done it 10 time in the month I have had the phone and with that my auto correct has become better than any phone I have ever owned. This is just my opinion, but it is nice to have a way to add words without having to go into a settings menu and manually ad them.
05-07-2013, 01:39 PM #8
- 1 Posts
What I've found works is the following:
1. type the word you want
2. if it autocorrects to something else, press space to accept the first (wrong) auto-correct
3. immediately afterwards, press the backspace key once, and the old word will show up
4. select the old word
5. select the corrected word again by tapping on it
6. tap the word with the + sign in front of it and it will add it to the dictionary
Hope that works for you.
- By Duvi in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 197Last Post: 11-03-2012, 12:13 PM
- By AapgScorpion in forum App SpotlightReplies: 0Last Post: 05-21-2012, 04:40 PM
- By Rocket_Girl in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 01-09-2012, 01:00 AM
- By mark300 in forum App SpotlightReplies: 32Last Post: 03-03-2011, 12:16 AM
- By dave3211 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 11-08-2010, 05:38 PM