- 12-20-2012, 06:45 AM #2
I had an issue with song duplicates when I first started using my Lumia 820. Here's how I solved it:
- Connect phone to PC and browse files using Windows Explorer.
- Backup your music to your PC
- Delete EVERYTHING in the Music folder (in "Phone" storage and on the SD card if you have one)
- Use Windows Media Player to sync your music back to the phone.
I tried the WP desktop app, normal drag and drop and a few other methods to get music on my phone, and transferring it with Windows Media Player was the only way to get it to stop making duplicates.
I'd suggest making sure all of your music files are tagged correctly before syncing them back to the phone as there's no way to edit tags once they're on there.
Hope this helps.
12-20-2012, 10:15 AM #4
- 42 Posts
12-20-2012, 01:52 PM #5
- 1,007 Posts
Have you downloaded the most recent version of the Windows phone app?
Since downloading it, my previous problems (not able to delete music, issues with certain photos syncing, etc), have all been resolved, and its working like an absolute charm.
- 12-21-2012, 08:50 AM #9
LOL Sounds like you have auto sync turned on somewhere? You probably have two folders being created constantly... Check the Windows Media Player see how many accounts you have auto syncing to your device! I am sure you have both the Windows Phone set to auto sync and the Storage folder where the music is stored set to auto sync??
Also are you using iTunes?? If so is that set to sync to your device??
- By berty6294 in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 4Last Post: 01-17-2013, 08:13 PM
- By Joshua Jackson in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 5Last Post: 11-21-2012, 06:03 PM
- By DougB541#CB in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 13Last Post: 11-08-2012, 01:31 PM
- By trazer in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 12Last Post: 04-24-2012, 09:41 PM
- By jd914 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 23Last Post: 12-05-2011, 12:42 PM