Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree45Likes

Global Posts
    993 Global Posts
    So you open an account with that handle and then start an everything that's wrong with WP8 based upon my vast experience thread and seem surprised at the response. I am sorry but the handle alone conveys both your attitude and the extent to which I am inclined to take the thread seriously....

Global Posts
    32,902 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by xFalk View Post
    I thought this post was about the Polish language. Moving on...
    Dobry wieczr
    brmiller1976 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,045 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StevesBalls View Post
    So you came to have a healthy discussion about the weak points and improvements of WP8 and the fanboys told you how wrong you are? How shocking...
    No kidding. I for one, am getting so tired is seeing nothing but threads about how great Windows Phone is, how perfect it is and how no one has anything to say but complimentary posts. I wish for once someone would complain about how unfinished the o/s is, or the lack of apps, how Microsoft dropped the ball - anything that would be at least a little critical...

Damn, even Android guys come in here to wish us good luck and admire us and our chosen operating system. It's getting sickening already.

Steve, you are absolutely right. This place is filled with sunshine pumpers - I'm just glad you pointed how flawed this board is.

God bless you son. You are the wind beneath our wings.
    My next phone...
    brmiller1976 and supertramp02 like this.

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Hahahaha I don't think you get it...it isn't that it is hard for them to add it, it's just that they didn't WANT to. They didn't feel like any of it was necessary, probably. They have to manage where their dev time best goes, and I have to say that none of it deserves to go to the areas you suggested.

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Hey I am an android nuthugger but you don't see me creating threads crying about my freakin thumbs hurting because Microsoft decided to leave out an extra arrow to cycle through the many many live tile sizes, riiiight?!? riiiiiiight?! Yeeeeea buddy!

Oh no! I passed the tiny sized live tile! Now I HAVE to keep pressing the arrow until I cycle back to the size I want? I'm a pansy! Click click click waaah my thuummmmb!!

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    I'll summarize it like this. First I had iPhone then Android then WP7 and now WP8. They ALL have their annoyances. That being said, for me, there is no comparison...WP8 kills them all. Love it.
    baseballbert likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kmann1994 View Post
    Hahahaha I don't think you get it...it isn't that it is hard for them to add it, it's just that they didn't WANT to. They didn't feel like any of it was necessary, probably. They have to manage where their dev time best goes, and I have to say that none of it deserves to go to the areas you suggested.
    The problem is.... Where does MSFT spend all its dev/engineering resources on? Weather app? Add a timer? Create a compass? Creating a better music experience? Create a full Xbox video experience? Advertising something, like Xbox video and Skype, before the product is released is stupid at best...... They even showcased Skype during the June summit, and what is happening now? It's their own software and doesn't have a dedicated team for developing Skype for windows phone - I am ok with this, but if that's the case please take off the ads showing Skype - it's misleading at best

Quote Originally Posted by fardream View Post
    It's their own software and doesn't have a dedicated team for developing Skype for windows phone - I am ok with this, but if that's the case please take off the ads showing Skype - it's misleading at best
    MS does own Skype, but Skype has free reign to do what it wants too. So really I think it's Skype's fault for dropping the ball.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal_planet View Post
    No kidding. I for one, am getting so tired is seeing nothing but threads about how great Windows Phone is, how perfect it is and how no one has anything to say but complimentary posts. I wish for once someone would complain about how unfinished the o/s is, or the lack of apps, how Microsoft dropped the ball - anything that would be at least a little critical...

Damn, even Android guys come in here to wish us good luck and admire us and our chosen operating system. It's getting sickening already.

Steve, you are absolutely right. This place is filled with sunshine pumpers - I'm just glad you pointed how flawed this board is.

God bless you son. You are the wind beneath our wings.
    Well I did that in this forum. As a WP user, I gave my honest assessment of the pros/cons of the phone, and got attacked for them. I guess honest assessments are not appreciated and I generally favour the WP to begin with...
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosov View Post
    Well I did that in this forum. As a WP user, I gave my honest assessment of the pros/cons of the phone, and got attacked for them. I guess honest assessments are not appreciated and I generally favour the WP to begin with...
    I think you just have to be very careful how you phrase it. People tend to fly off the handle quite easily, especially if they're stressed. Two stressed people with conflicting viewpoints... You can probably guess how that will end. Been guilty of it myself, sometimes wanting to shove their phone up their **** because I've got stressed and misinterpreted their post, then flew off the handle and gone ultimate nerdrage mode.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Quote Originally Posted by blehblehbleh View Post
    MS does own Skype, but Skype has free reign to do what it wants too. So really I think it's Skype's fault for dropping the ball.
    oh, I don't really see anything wrong with that - the only wrong is advertising before the app is released

My live tiles are all dead again, this has been happening since WP 7.0. If that's not a lack of polish....

For lack of polish it's Android through and through and yes there are quirks and 'features' of any operating system for all phones out there but for me it's very slick and polished and will only get better the more microsoft refine it.

windows phone 8 is not bad for a .0 release imho.

Android doesn't like polish, only people on this site think that. Live tiles are WP's main feature, if that can't even work flawlessly then there's a serious issue with what Microsoft has done.
    Almost a year since that Flipboard announcement...

Well this is a windows phone site :p Sorry to hear about your issue too that must be very annoying as like you said it is the main feature of the o/s
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    Nothing new to discuss here thread closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123