Facebook Messaging

parez81

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I have had a iphone since the iphone 4 came out. I switched over from windows mobile. I always wanted to switch back to windows environment so i gave samsung focus s a try. It was a great phone but had one big flaw. The facebook messages were not synced correctly. e.g If I start on a FB message thread on the phone and continue it in the browser all the messages didnt get synced.And Facebook integration was one of the advertised feature. I was disappointed and I returned my phone in 2 weeks. Now I have this itch again to move to window phone 8.

So my question is does integrated Facebook messaging work as good as the Facebook messaging in the Facebook app?

Thanks all.

EDIT:
I just looked at my last post. :) It was about the same issue.

loofmodnar

Dec 14, 2010
www.loofmodnar.com
If you want to see the messages you send on the web on your phone. No, you still can't do that. The integrated messenger works well but it's no where near as fully featured as the FB messenger app. That and the lack of a good gtalk app is really killing WP8 for me. Just about everything else I want is there.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Try the app FIM: Fim Chat | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I just started playing with it and it might be a good option. It's free with add support.. (I wish devs would also include a paid ad free version, I'd be all over that.)

I just turned on toast and tile notifications and it seems to alert me right away when I get a new message. I created a dummy facebook account to test sending messages to my main account. Don't tell Zuck.

IceCrush

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
As far as I am experiencing on my 920, it goes like this ... if you set yourself to online or away, you get any facebook message as long as the sender set his status to online, if he is sending it offline it won't be delivered to you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3