Why so many complaints about lack of apps????

lzicc

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I see allot of post of users complaining about lack of apps for WP8. Everyone compares the lack of apps to the abundance of apps that IOS and Android have. If the lack of apps are an issue for you, why not go with an IOS or Android phone then? You have the choice. I guess I just don't understand all the complaining. I knew going in with WP8 the drawbacks there would be lack of apps and possible bugs. As time goes on, that will change, but for now there just isn't as many apps for WP8 as there is for IOS and Android. Everyone rips on MS because they feel MS is lagging. If you feel that way, don't buy a WP8 phone or wait until WP8 has the amount of apps that you want, then buy a WP8 phone. Simple solution.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I see allot of post of users complaining about lack of apps for WP8. Everyone compares the lack of apps to the abundance of apps that IOS and Android have. If the lack of apps are an issue for you, why not go with an IOS or Android phone then?

Because iOS and Android suck donkey balls. :grin:

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
The only app I have ever missed was Instagram because of all my friends using it. I deleted it after the drama of their new TOS and now I'm golden.

lzicc

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm fine with the apps that are out there. I did some research prior to switching from Android to WP8 and there was only maybe 2 apps that I used that WP8 didn't have, but I was fine with that. The one app is the NAV, but I know MS will be releasing this soon for HTC.

NickyNichols

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I am in no way bashing this phone, I absolutely love everything about it, but, to play the devil's advocate for a second here...Treasures of Montezuma is one of the best games on WP, imo, however part 3 has been out on iPhone for over a year now.

chronomagnus

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
It's silly to tell people if they don't like it to buy an Android phone, because odds are they will. With Windows Phone's marketshare you don't want that, they entered the market dominated by two titans, you either hit the ground running or become the new WebOS (saying this as a former Pre+ owner).

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
People complain about the apps for two reasons.

1) Despite what we like to hear, to the consumers, numbers matter. This is ESPECIALLY true when people aren't educated of how many duplicates are in Android & iOS. Imagine someone coming up to a gullible average teenager, who see's that iPhones are in trend already and said "Well iPhone's App Market has 1million apps and WP Store only has 150,000. Why would you get an Windows Phone?

2) More Apps does honestly mean more Apps. I'm a HEAVY APP WHORE, if I can say so, and I do notice a huge difference. Out Apps aren't as polished and we have a lot less games. We also have a lot less official apps. That's fine because we have third party developers on board, but it's getting hard for them to keep up when people like google, and Pandora keep changing back end so they have to rewrite the app.

All in all, we SHOULD get more app developers on board, out market isn't quite ready to compete.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
the problem now is less a problem of apps and more a problem of functional parity between platforms. Almost every app on WP is lacking compared to an iOS or droid counterpart. for me, eBay and Amazon are the big losers, but there are many many more I just tolerate because I dont use them as much.

CoZmicShReddeR

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
All the Apps will be here eventually... If not there will be something incredibly similar... I get tired of hearing people whining about lack of apps but you can brag a lot if you look at it like I do! For one you get Microsoft Office Mobile, Xbox Achievements for the games that are approved or made by Microsoft, Unlimited Music Plan with XBOX Music formally known as Zune Pass, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn built into it... Not to mention the Sky Drive which I know they have something like this on all platforms but seems like Microsoft does it better then the rest for what I use it for...

We all have to agree we need Apple's iPhone and Google's Android to maintain competition and to drive people to be innovative! I would like to see a better common ground met between all three but am seeing in the future as quoted from Highlander the Movie "There can be only one," I also see as times go by more and more of what we are seeing will be built into the device and more and more apps will be converted into something that ties into something else... People will eventually get tired of have tons of apps on their phones and prefer them to be more stream lined,,, Like a photo app as of now I have about 10 I mess with and each photo app has been adding features that resemble each other much like with the all in one messenger apps we use both on our phones and desktops... That also leads me to how Apple iPhone has groups of apps you can drag into one another which I think that would be great if Microsoft could do something similar... Just in the apps like section... I rather be able to put all image edited apps in their own spot...

Armada

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Because specs and stats are FUD. The "If it doesnt have Instragram, its not important" motto is asinine and perpetuated by hipster kids on Tumblr and iPhone toting tech bloggers (news writters is giving too much leeway). They pulled the same thing with Android when iPhone was king. But the FUD isn't dangerous to get users to adopt. Its dangerous when it comes to persuading devs that the platform is profitable.

I'm still researching the OS, but apps aren't a problem for me. I'm still looking for niggles I havd with Microsoft's work.

mpelti

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Because when people can't get an app for their favorite bank, airline, tv network, cable provider, or sports league, it's a negative against the platform. When potential customers are turned off because they can't connect to their friends on instagram or yelp, or their music on pandora or spotify, that's a negative.

Telling people to "love it or gtfo" is not productive. The only way this platform grows is getting new people on board. And the biggest thing stopping that right now is the lack of apps. It's a great phone, the core functionality is good, the phone hardware and build quality are top notch. The biggest reason people aren't buying this phone is because they can't get the _______ app. The lack of major apps gives potential customers no confidence that "the apps will be here eventually", especially when you look at the multi-month delays in android versions of popular ios apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3