Instagram Replacement

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I saw the video, it's funny. I also get that some people don't use/don't care about/actively despise Instagram. I respect that. I would hope that others would respect the fact that some people don't feel that way, and would respect the fact I specifically stated I didn't want to discuss the merits of Instagram in this thread. There are many other threads for that. So thanks, but... not the thread for that.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Even if there was a cross platform alternative, would your friends actually start using that alternative just for you?

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Look at this Instagram (Nickelback Parody) on CollegeHumor"

sorry but instagram has officially become the network for d-bags. apps that can apply image filters to ****ty photos have been around a long time, but to create an entire network where amateurs can swap ****ty filtered photos....well now that just takes the cake.
I think people dont realize that many people including my friends just take normal pictures on there and you can comment on their pictures. It's actually quite nice and not just a phot app with filters.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Even if there was a cross platform alternative, would your friends actually start using that alternative just for you?

Many of my friends just nuked their Instagram accounts over the TOS bullsh, yet, like me, enjoy the Instagram functionality. So... many would, yeah.

But... I also like scrolling through random photos as well. I'm using Fhotoroom right now which is cool because I can see all the other Fhotoroom user's pictures whether they're my friend or not.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Look at this Instagram (Nickelback Parody) on CollegeHumor"

sorry but instagram has officially become the network for d-bags. apps that can apply image filters to ****ty photos have been around a long time, but to create an entire network where amateurs can swap ****ty filtered photos....well now that just takes the cake.

Man.....did Instagram do something to offend you? You seem to hate it with some unbridled passion that is a bit irrational for a measly app, lol

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm using that and many others are going to it as well

Yeah, wow, pretty cool. I'll give this an honest shot. I'm @iamtim on EyeEm... and on Fhotoroom, too, for whatever that's worth. Not that I have pics up on EyeEm yet or anything. :)

Edit: I was @iamtim on Instagram, too, if you want to look at the pics I posted there. I haven't posted there since I ditched my iPhone, though, of course.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
yeah, people can do that on FB too. and when twitter updates their app for WP, same thing.

Like I said, I'm looking for a photo-specific network/app. FB and Twitter are neither. Really, we get that you don't like Instagram and Instagram-like apps. So we're totally fine with you not participating in this thread, which is really for people who DO like Instagram and Instagram-like apps.

miklavzg

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I've tried Eyeem but it's not even close to Instagram. So I use a combination of Skydrive and android tablet to post on Instagram :)

MaliaLumia920

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I recently discovered the SoMee photo editing app; its filters & features are VERY cool. It lacks its own social network, but you can set it up to post on your existing social networks. The app even notifies you when people like or comment on your photos on FB. I highly recommend it! Aside from that, I'm a huge Fhotoroom fan. You can find me on there @malialumia920

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site

Depends.

All my iPhone-using friends whine constantly that I'm not using an iPhone, so they cannot group-message me in iMessage. I replied "use Facebook instead," and they whined and complained and had a huge tantrum.

Finally, I just said "OK, keep using iMessage, and I just won't get your messages."

They all switched eventually when they wanted to include me in their messages. After all, what good is a "messaging" platform that won't work with some people who you know?

It helps that a couple other friends also are using WP now as well.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Here's an EyeEm hint for you:

If you keep WP location services off as a general practice, turn them off in EyeEm as well. Otherwise, EyeEm will keep trying to get location data from location services and the app will run REALLY slowly and you won't see some things (like albums on the first page). Once I turned EyeEm's location option off, everything flew like melted butter off a hot frying pan. Or something, you know, really fast. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb