Outlook contacts sync not working WP8

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
OK, this is starting to really, REALLY bug me.

My contacts are not syncing properly on my phone. I go to outlook.com and look at my contacts, everything is fine. Using desktop Outlook (MAPI connector), and again everything is find. Go to the phone, people are missing, or information is incorrect.

I have to re-create the contact on the phone, wait a bit and look on outlook.com, then delete the old one.

Also, when I attach a photo to the person on the phone, that photo stays on the phone. How do I get it to show up on outlook.com or on desktop Outlook.

Ivanr53

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site

My contacts are not syncing properly on my phone. I go to outlook.com and look at my contacts, everything is fine. Using desktop Outlook (MAPI connector), and again everything is find. Go to the phone, people are missing, or information is incorrect.

I have to re-create the contact on the phone, wait a bit and look on outlook.com, then delete the old one.

Also, when I attach a photo to the person on the phone, that photo stays on the phone. How do I get it to show up on outlook.com or on desktop Outlook.
I would suggest taking a look at this link Home - Microsoft Community for your answers.

sakahn

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

Outlook.com does not support contact photos. You cannot force sync with outlook.com contact. I normally force sync by adding a temporary calender entry in the phone, which triggers the sync after a few minutes.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Outlook.com does not support contact photos. You cannot force sync with outlook.com contact. I normally force sync by adding a temporary calender entry in the phone, which triggers the sync after a few minutes.

Any changes to contacts, calendar entries, new messages etc can cause a sync to occur automatically if you have as items arrive configured. You can also manually sync whilst you are still in the People app. Tap ... > Settings > scroll to your Microsoft account, tap and hold and select sync. I do this all the time with changes to contact information.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I do have my my mail set as items arrive. I've also done the tap and hold and select sync.

What's driving me bonkers is one day a contact is on my phone, then the next day it isn't. But it's still up on outlook.com, where the heck did it go, and why can't I get it back on the phone (without recreating it)?

OH, I am not filtering the contacts at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre