Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    Developer

OK, this is starting to really, REALLY bug me.

My contacts are not syncing properly on my phone. I go to outlook.com and look at my contacts, everything is fine. Using desktop Outlook (MAPI connector), and again everything is find. Go to the phone, people are missing, or information is incorrect.

I have to re-create the contact on the phone, wait a bit and look on outlook.com, then delete the old one.

Also, when I attach a photo to the person on the phone, that photo stays on the phone. How do I get it to show up on outlook.com or on desktop Outlook.
    Guz

iPhone 3G (broken)
    Blackberry 6320 (retired)
    Lumia 810 (current)

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzler3 View Post

My contacts are not syncing properly on my phone. I go to outlook.com and look at my contacts, everything is fine. Using desktop Outlook (MAPI connector), and again everything is find. Go to the phone, people are missing, or information is incorrect.

I have to re-create the contact on the phone, wait a bit and look on outlook.com, then delete the old one.

Also, when I attach a photo to the person on the phone, that photo stays on the phone. How do I get it to show up on outlook.com or on desktop Outlook.
    I would suggest taking a look at this link Home - Microsoft Community for your answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzler3 View Post

Outlook.com does not support contact photos. You cannot force sync with outlook.com contact. I normally force sync by adding a temporary calender entry in the phone, which triggers the sync after a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by sakahn View Post
    Outlook.com does not support contact photos. You cannot force sync with outlook.com contact. I normally force sync by adding a temporary calender entry in the phone, which triggers the sync after a few minutes.
    Any changes to contacts, calendar entries, new messages etc can cause a sync to occur automatically if you have as items arrive configured. You can also manually sync whilst you are still in the People app. Tap ... > Settings > scroll to your Microsoft account, tap and hold and select sync. I do this all the time with changes to contact information.
    Developer

I do have my my mail set as items arrive. I've also done the tap and hold and select sync.

What's driving me bonkers is one day a contact is on my phone, then the next day it isn't. But it's still up on outlook.com, where the heck did it go, and why can't I get it back on the phone (without recreating it)?

OH, I am not filtering the contacts at all.
    Guz

iPhone 3G (broken)
    Blackberry 6320 (retired)
    Lumia 810 (current)