Things I miss in WP7 after upgrading to WP8

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad I upgraded to WP8. But it's always the little things that change the user experience from just OK to great. I've noticed a few things that are no longer present in WP8 that were on WP7, unless somebody can correct me. Can anyone spot if there are any more?

• Custom Regional Settings - I used to be able to manually edit the short date, first day of the week etc and now I can't.
  • Map settings (HTC 8x) - I can no longer change the orientation between 'Always orientate north' and 'Rotates with my current direction.'
  • Camera - Quick share account is no longer included, so to share to Facebook or Twitter is an additional click and scroll.
  • FM Radio - the hardware is no longer included in WP which is a shame. It's too easy to say "oh use Wifi or carrier data". Wifi is not always an option and so too with carrier data which costs money and has caps. The FM signal works practically everywhere and is totally free, why limit people?
  • Theme picker - this one is more of a preference really but am I the only one to actually prefer the names next to the accents?

Tahiti Bob

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I also miss being able to manually add podcasts if you're not in the US and the easiness of media management. Basically I miss the Zune client.

MaliaLumia920

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Coming from the original Samsung Focus to a Nokia Lumia 920, I miss the integrated Bing Maps, especially the way you could tap on the screen to hear the next driving directions. I also miss some of the additional camera settings.

Tahiti Bob

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Coming from the original Samsung Focus to a Nokia Lumia 920, I miss the integrated Bing Maps, especially the way you could tap on the screen to hear the next driving directions. I also miss some of the additional camera settings.
You can get the Bing Maps back through the link below. Driving directions have been reassigned to Nokia Drive, which is a massive improvement since you don't need to take your hands off the wheel to tap the screen.
Maps | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The beautiful, smooth, perfect-in-the-hand aluminum case of the HTC Radar. I'm not a huge fan of "polycarbonate," even the textured stuff HTC uses in the 8X.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Actually the antennas/chipset inside WP8 phones do support fm radio I read on these forums recently we just need to wait for it to be unlocked, if it is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa