Portico tripled my battery!

iPwnza

Banned
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Before portico = 50% after heavy use for one hour.

After portico = 70% after heavy use for one hour.

I'll post here as my day goes on, to see how long it lasts.

This is good news for anyone with bad battery life on their 8x.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Noticed an improvement in battery as well, usually I got 14 hours heavy - moderate use, now so far I've gotten 19 hours and still 40% with checking emails, facebook, Netflix for 25 mins and a few games and app downloads all on WIFI.

Knockia

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Portico has hurt my battery :(. Returned my first phone due to reboots, locks and battery drain. Got a replacement that fixed everything (doubled battery life). Installed portico...no locks or reboots but battery drain is back ...sigh

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
My battery has improved as well, normally i could do 8 hours now i easily do 14 to 16 hours wich is a full day of use without having to worry.

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Great improvement for me as well. Normally at 11pm I'm getting the low battery warning. Now, I'm at 60% still. Definitely much better.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
yea I notice a small improvement in battery level and the phone runs MUCH MUCH cooler, even when under stress like 3D gaming, compared to before. great job microsoft.

jivy26

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Battery after portico for 2 days was amazing, but today it came off charger at 7am 100% and hit 35% at 330pm. I haven't used the phone at all except for about 20 texts. Hopefully this was a fluke.

simbadogg

Aug 28, 2008
Visit site
You can definitely count me in the group of people getting battery life improvements. I did some nokia survey and said that I on a scale of 1-10 the likelihood of me recommending the phone would only be a 5 or 6, just because the battery was so awful...moderate use anywhere between 5-6 hours before battery saver came on. Now it goes for about 15-18 hours before battery saver comes on. Lovin it

05Paris

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My phone's battery life was about 6 hrs before Portico. After the update and a full charge Red Dawg is now lasting up to 36 hrs. under my normal use. Have not experienced any untoward effects...very satisfied with the L920 from the very first day as well as the updates from MS & Nokia. I consider this device a homerun.

theta orionis

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Definitely! My 920 used to get a bit warm but not since the Portico update. I'm at 32% now, came of the charger at 6am this morning and it doesn't warm up like it used to

CylonJason

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
What do you consider heavy use, because if I'm listening to music and playing games and such which I would consider heavy use, I may get 5 hours on my Lumia 920. If I occasionally check facebook, read WP central and not use my phone much, I may get 8 to 10 hours use.

CylonJason

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
My phone's battery life was about 6 hrs before Portico. After the update and a full charge Red Dawg is now lasting up to 36 hrs. under my normal use.
Are you using your phone less now? If I'm using my Lumia a lot 6 hours is about average, haven't noticed a great increase after the update.

Blanchard229

May 30, 2012
Visit site
With heavy use, I am experiencing up to 19 hours of battery life. Heavy use for me is heavy personal and company email, constant tweets and surfing the web multiple times per hour. Portico has done wonders for battery life although it wasn't bad before then. Usually about 12 hours prior to Portico.

Odog4ever

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
For those who are averaging 6 hrs battery life, even after several full battery discharges and recharges, you should return your phone (or go through the warranty). That's just not average, normal, or acceptable with this phone, you might have a lemon device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3