Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Before portico = 50% after heavy use for one hour.

After portico = 70% after heavy use for one hour.

I'll post here as my day goes on, to see how long it lasts.

This is good news for anyone with bad battery life on their 8x.
    Editor

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Noticed tremendously better battery life here as well.
    George Ponder
    Reviews Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: george.ponder@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @coppertop004

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    My Average Battery Drain has gone from roughly 5.5% per hour, to just under 3.5%...

Global Posts
    969 Global Posts
    Noticed an improvement in battery as well, usually I got 14 hours heavy - moderate use, now so far I've gotten 19 hours and still 40% with checking emails, facebook, Netflix for 25 mins and a few games and app downloads all on WIFI.

Portico has hurt my battery :(. Returned my first phone due to reboots, locks and battery drain. Got a replacement that fixed everything (doubled battery life). Installed portico...no locks or reboots but battery drain is back ...sigh

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    My battery has improved as well, normally i could do 8 hours now i easily do 14 to 16 hours wich is a full day of use without having to worry.

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Great improvement for me as well. Normally at 11pm I'm getting the low battery warning. Now, I'm at 60% still. Definitely much better.

yea I notice a small improvement in battery level and the phone runs MUCH MUCH cooler, even when under stress like 3D gaming, compared to before. great job microsoft.

I've noticed my battery drain increase after Portico. L920.

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    I have noticed a major improvement with both the battery and the heat issue with portico

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Battery after portico for 2 days was amazing, but today it came off charger at 7am 100% and hit 35% at 330pm. I haven't used the phone at all except for about 20 texts. Hopefully this was a fluke.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    You can definitely count me in the group of people getting battery life improvements. I did some nokia survey and said that I on a scale of 1-10 the likelihood of me recommending the phone would only be a 5 or 6, just because the battery was so awful...moderate use anywhere between 5-6 hours before battery saver came on. Now it goes for about 15-18 hours before battery saver comes on. Lovin it

Nice to hear, can't wait to get the new update :)

My phone's battery life was about 6 hrs before Portico. After the update and a full charge Red Dawg is now lasting up to 36 hrs. under my normal use. Have not experienced any untoward effects...very satisfied with the L920 from the very first day as well as the updates from MS & Nokia. I consider this device a homerun.

4 out of 5 forum users recommend portico.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Definitely! My 920 used to get a bit warm but not since the Portico update. I'm at 32% now, came of the charger at 6am this morning and it doesn't warm up like it used to

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    What do you consider heavy use, because if I'm listening to music and playing games and such which I would consider heavy use, I may get 5 hours on my Lumia 920. If I occasionally check facebook, read WP central and not use my phone much, I may get 8 to 10 hours use.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 05Paris View Post
    My phone's battery life was about 6 hrs before Portico. After the update and a full charge Red Dawg is now lasting up to 36 hrs. under my normal use.
    Are you using your phone less now? If I'm using my Lumia a lot 6 hours is about average, haven't noticed a great increase after the update.

With heavy use, I am experiencing up to 19 hours of battery life. Heavy use for me is heavy personal and company email, constant tweets and surfing the web multiple times per hour. Portico has done wonders for battery life although it wasn't bad before then. Usually about 12 hours prior to Portico.

For those who are averaging 6 hrs battery life, even after several full battery discharges and recharges, you should return your phone (or go through the warranty). That's just not average, normal, or acceptable with this phone, you might have a lemon device.

Turned data off, kept wifi alive, streamed podcasts the whole day, and opened up a few apps to read around - wpcentral app and rowi mostly. This thing is still not dead, and here's my proof.
    wp_ss_20121223_0033.png
    Quote Originally Posted by Odog4ever View Post
    For those who are averaging 6 hrs battery life, even after several full battery discharges and recharges, you should return your phone (or go through the warranty). That's just not average, normal, or acceptable with this phone, you might have a lemon device.
    Unfortunately, Android has convinced many consumers that battery life like that is normal :(

Also, OP needs to check his math. 50% to 70% is not triple the battery life, it increased battery life by 1/3 but that's not tripled. If battery life were to be tripled he would have had to of seen 85% battery after one hour of heavy use.

A couple days ago I had 56% left after 19 hours. Bluetooth on and not connected, data on played a few games, and browsed the internet some not heavy use but still Probably the best battery I've ever had.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CylonJason View Post
    What do you consider heavy use, because if I'm listening to music and playing games and such which I would consider heavy use, I may get 5 hours on my Lumia 920. If I occasionally check facebook, read WP central and not use my phone much, I may get 8 to 10 hours use.
    heavy usage is when you constantly use your smartphone for longer than 5 mins like keep using the wpcentral app for lets say 15 mins, then you open up the browser, and you play music then check the weather app for 30 mins.

Significant battery life improvement for me as well.

Previously by the end of the day it would be on battery saver.

Now I'm able get through a second day - with battery saver coming on around noon the next day.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast