12-22-2012, 03:20 PM #1
- 47 Posts
can anyone suggest a nexus4 like wp8 device. I.e. Unlocked, unbranded, hspa+ (42), pentaband, $300-$500. ATIV S is $649 so a little much. Phone needs to have hspa but I don't care about lte. The price is also important. Unbranded, unlocked cannot be compromised. Daniel from WP had one according to what he said on podcast. Also recommend retail outlet (I.e.. where to buy).
- 12-22-2012, 07:32 PM #2
I read somewhere that the Verizon 8X or Lumia 822 were unlocked and supported GSM networks.
Eventually the Lumia 620 will show up on Amazon. a 250$ unlocked WP8 device from Nokia, that would probably be the best option.
12-24-2012, 01:33 PM #3
- 47 Posts
THanks for the suggestion. I agree that the Lumia line would work best.
I now have to check the if HTC 8X, Nokia lumia 822 have any other issues with HSPA+. I also am skeptic of a branded device that is unlocked vs. an unbranded device.
Daniel R. said he had an HTC unbranded.
If you were purchasing an unlocked phone which device would more likely get TIMELY updates, the unbranded version or the branded unlocked?
How well is microsoft/Nokia/HTC supporting unlocked unbranded WP8 devices?
- By Ash_Biz in forum Upcoming & Rumored Windows PhonesReplies: 9Last Post: 05-24-2013, 10:55 AM
- By AbsoluteZerow in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 21Last Post: 11-17-2012, 02:47 AM
- By VagrantWade in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 3Last Post: 11-01-2012, 12:59 PM
- By baileystein in forum Upcoming & Rumored Windows PhonesReplies: 2Last Post: 08-16-2012, 11:32 AM
- By Apoc in forum Samsung Omnia 7Replies: 3Last Post: 09-24-2011, 03:51 AM