WHY THE NEGITIVITY? (Rant about WP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iPwnza

Banned
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
We don't need people running around here pointing out why WP is BAD. I've seen so many forums about this then ones praising WP. Why?? I know we're missing things like instagram, notification center... etc.

BUT THOSE PROBLEMS WILL BE FIXED.
MS WONT IGNORE THE FACT THAT EVERYONES WANTS INSTAGRAM AND NOTIFICATION CENTER
THEY'RE PROBABLY ABOUT TO PUSH AN UPDATE RIGHT NOW!
SERIOUSLY!

Anyway, let's look at all of the GOOD things that happened:

Tech sites prasing WP.
Marketshare growing all around the world
Massive ad campaigns
Major apps being ported
New developers moving to wp (Capcom, gameloft coming in full force, OMGPOP, Disney).
These new devs only mean one thing.
MORE APPS
This marketshare means one thing
MORE APPS
And the support means:
MORE SALES AND APPS

If this continues, the "App gap" won't exist for much longer.

Just stop calling WP four letter words because they don't have a live tile that updates every 30 minutes instead of every hour, or because your store tile broke.

COME ON. THIS ISN'T IOS, WE HAVEN'T EXISTED FOR AS LONG AS THEM, WE'RE NOT A MATURE PLATFORM.
WE STILL HAVE BUGS ON WP8.

WHY DO WE HAVE BUGS?

Well, because we're ONE MONTH INTO RELEASE... and because MS innovates! We get a fresh, new experience! Look at IOS!!! IT'S IOS 1 RECYCLED OVER AND OVER AGAIN
THEY SPEND BILLIONS ON R+D AT APPLE

AND WHAT COMES OUT?

A FOUR INCH SCREEN!!!!
oh, I forgot about the fancy processor.

Now, let's look at WP.

So many features added in WP8, it's like I have a whole new OS.

Hardware that FINALLY is up to modern standards!

AND ANDROID.

YEARS LATER.

YOU NEED A PHONEWITH AN 8-CORE SUPER-AWESOME 64 GIG HDD TO RUN IT PROPERLY!
THEY PUT ANDROID INTO CRAPPY PHONES AND SELL THEM, AND THEY CRASH OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

That is NOT customer service.

LOOK AT WEBOS.

ANOTHER COPY OF IOS... JUST LIKE ANDROID.

IT'S DEAD.

ANDROID IS GOING THE WAY OF WEBOS.

THEY LOST 10% MARKETSHARE IN THE LATEST REPORT???/

IS THIS RIM?

Other then IOS, WP IS THE ONLY PLATFORM SUCCEEDING RIGHT NOW.

BUT IOS IS STAGNENT.
IT WILL FALL ONCE PEOPLE REALISE WHAT APPLE DOES.
THEY RECYCLE THE SAME PRODUCT OVER AND OVER.

K.
Thanks for reading this. I just had to post this rant, the way people think about platforms like IOS... unbelievable.

zombiegrrl86

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I completely agree. I'm coming from IOS and android. Sure, I miss a few apps, but they will either come in time, or I'll find a suitable replacement. One thing that I've realized since coming over to wp8, is that I never really used many apps, I use my device as an mp3 player, and wp8 does a great job. People need to get rid of the entitlement attitude, and enjoy their new phone.

Mosov

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I wholeheartedly support the WP movement even though I'm well integrated into Google's ecosystem. Hopefully it does not flop and is able to gain some market share.

Endem

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
The only real thing that I see missing from WP8 is a stronger developer community. I also dislike the marketplace fragmentation introduced by Lumia exclusives ( but then again I am a HTC user). As for the other stuff I found the WP8 excellent, and this comes from a devout Apple user.

Mosov

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
The only real thing that I see missing from WP8 is a stronger developer community. I also dislike the marketplace fragmentation introduced by Lumia exclusives ( but then again I am a HTC user). As for the other stuff I found the WP8 excellent, and this comes from a devout Apple user.

That's right. A developer community needs to be created.

blindfromthesun

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I very much dislike the disdain for Windows Phone that elitist android and ios users seem to have. I truely hope windows phone is able to take off. I converted my wife over from iPhone- here's hoping everyone on this forum gets at least one or two people to switch.

Armada

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Get a load of this guy. Android may have lost market share but it isnt dying. You might be right about webOS but that was more HP pulling the plug. Yes things will improve. Yes more apps will come and marketshare too. I went through the same deal with Android early on. Just don't kid yourself about Android going away soon.

Mosov

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Android is still going to succeed because of the developer community it has created with it's open source approach. And Google is a rising and powerful company.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't think anyone is saying realistically that android or apple are going anywhere. What I do think is that WP phones now actually have a presence on the high street where there once was none. Everyone I show my 920 to is impressed. That doesn't mean they will abandon their phones and flock to WP but it does mean that WP is becoming a viable alternative for the average consumer and this is exactly what we should be pushing for.

crazeee

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
ANDROID IS GOING THE WAY OF WEBOS.

THEY LOST 10% MARKETSHARE IN THE LATEST REPORT???/

IS THIS RIM?

Other then IOS, WP IS THE ONLY PLATFORM SUCCEEDING RIGHT NOW..

There are some very misguided people on this forum. Enjoy WP, but try to keep a sense of reality.

Mosov

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't think anyone is saying realistically that android or apple are going anywhere. What I do think is that WP phones now actually have a presence on the high street where there once was none. Everyone I show my 920 to is impressed. That doesn't mean they will abandon their phones and flock to WP but it does mean that WP is becoming a viable alternative for the average consumer and this is exactly what we should be pushing for.

It will be more viable when the APPs selection is wider and there's a more advanced developer presence. A lot of people rely on certain apps and don't want to switch unless the phone has the given apps.

Mike_J

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have owned a HTC Mozart - Lumia 800, 900 & 920. WP 7 & 8 have done everything that I have wanted. I almost feel left out when I read the forum posts about WP8 and the Lumia 920 as I have not had a single crash, lock up or freeze. I use the phone for business and now my staff are buying WP for themselves as they see it as a platform that just works and is easy to use and navigate. When I had the Mozart friends with iPhones thought I was crazy but now all love the look and feel of the 920.

crazeee

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Forums are always full of people that are having issues with their phones. Take a look at any device forum over on XDA and you will see evidence everywhere of this. No platform or phone is immune to problems, and many of the posts here are testament to that.

It might be irksome to some as it can create a bad impression of WP to prospective buyers visiting here, but it can also be viewed as an indicator that sales are increasing and more people are reaching out for help or to express their views.

Mosov

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
The cold truth:

It's getting to sound like a broken record: Two new reports find that Windows Phone 8 still isn't making headway, with a market share of between 2% and 3% in the U.S. and with only slightly higher numbers throughout the world. Will the struggling smartphone operating system ever take off?

Kantar Worldpanel ComTech has just released a report that says that Windows Phone 8 market share in the U.S. is an anemic 2.7%, up from 2.1% a year ago, according to GeekWire. That's practically no gain at all.

Two new reports says Windows Phone 8 still can't gain traction | Computerworld Blogs

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Wow, didn't you recently post that WP had one month to get you the apps you wanted or you were going back to Android? Sheesh, you flip-flop more than a politician. :D

The truth is that Windows Phone will never take off as iOS and Android have. Windows Phone is the Ubuntu of mobile phone OSs; It's always trailing far behind the two big OSs (iOS and Android in WP's case, Windows and OS X in Ubuntu's case) but it has a very dedicated group of users. Sure, they get pissed and rant sometimes, but ultimately, they keep going back to Ubuntu. Er, Windows Phone.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
OP if you want to have a positive post about WP please do it without calling out people who like the other platforms. I would like to have you remake this thread without all the negative attacks on the other OS's. Call out threads like this one not posted in a civil manner will be closed they do not bring value to the community.

Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3