Do you feel Microsoft has the market set up wrong?

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I feel the way apps are listed or searched for in the market place is badly implemented
. There shouldn't be 1 category for new and rising, there should be new and the newest apps should be in there . Also on the games section where sic apps are listed shouldn't have six. There should be like 20. 20 of the most popular apps or a daily rotation of popular apps/games for the week.all of the apps that were released this week are nowhere to be found. How are people supposed to know there are new apps?. Where's my water/perry should be on the main screens.
also searching is hit or miss. If you type wheres my water nothing comes up but if you type where's my water it does. The search character restriction is set improperly on the marketplace. It should be a little looser .
everyone complains about lack of apps or quality apps but I'm sure there's a ton of decent but we just can't see that they are there.

What do you peeps think

Last edited by a moderator:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Wrong? No. Badly? Yes indeed! That is if you are talking about the Windows 8 App market. I guess the idea is to make the pages load as speedily as it can without regard to content, but this format is simply bad on many levels. Side scrolling miles of colorful post-it notes can be tiring on the eyes as it is but lists of dissimilar items all bunched up together create a kind of frustration that makes me put the device down. If I do this enough, it'll become this "entity" I might not be eager to pick up. They need to get the designers at BING involved since they seem to know what they are doing as it relates to search. This market seems to be setup by the same people that cluttered up the original Microsoft search. Setup for engineers and data entry clerks who are used to desk clutter like that. It doesn't work for me so much.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
like i stated above my problem is never knowing whats really new. this past week a bunch of apps were released or updated and no one would ever know about them because either updates dont automatically pop up or the new apps are not listed. very poorly executed.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I will say MS marketplace is alot better than it was on WP7. It still could be streamlined a bit better as there is just way to much swiping and really weird designations of apps in regards to what category they belong in.

And yes, there needs to better advertising on what is new. Why doesn't the Marketplace have its one live tile action?

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I think that it could stand some improvements yes.. but i's not bad / wrong... I know the actually win 8 store has been updated / changed (sorta) twice now so im hoping that the win phone 8 store has a similar situaion

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
XBOX Music is a joke compared to Zune. The more refined streaming part is nice but it fails hard on virtually other other aspect. XBOX Music is the epitome of style over substance, except Zune had better style too AND more substance!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss