Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. WPenvy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    264 Posts
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
       #1  
    I was IMing a friend of mine on Facebook, and would you believe it? The IM was successfully pushed to my phone. Hopefully Facebook stops messing with stuff that breaks out features.
  2. AliNSiddiqui's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    #2  
    So your facebook chat is no longer filled with just replies from your friend but also your messages?
  3. WPenvy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    264 Posts
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by AliNSiddiqui View Post
    So your facebook chat is no longer filled with just replies from your friend but also your messages?
    not from what I'm seeing no :/
    Thanked by:
  4. Coreldan's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,532 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,540 Global Posts
    #4  
    I've never had any issues with the chat part.
  5. jin8k's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #5  
    do any of you receive group chat? I dont
  6. Coreldan's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,532 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,540 Global Posts
    #6  
    Group functions arnt supported indeed.

    Same sadly goes for the the integrated chat on Windows 8
  7. WPenvy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    264 Posts
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
    Group functions arnt supported indeed.

    Same sadly goes for the the integrated chat on Windows 8
    I doubt group chat would be implemented if ever for facebook on wp. The concept is there with MMS and mass texting, but coming from facebook is a whole 'nother ball game.
  8. edfungus's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #8  
    Yeah, I really wished there was group messaging on Facebook...it is essentially all I do on fb haha
    Thanked by:
    hcheng 
  9. devize's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    231 Posts
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    #9  
    Same here. I use group chat heaps and never get notifications :(

    Does anyone know of a way to forward my facebook messenger notifications from my android phone to my email address? There are apps that can do this for texts and phone calls but I can't find one that supports other apps. I think that would pretty much solve my problem, I could just leave my Android phone at home on wifi and get it to send myself an email which will push to my 920.
  10. PG2G's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    453 Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by devize View Post
    Same here. I use group chat heaps and never get notifications :(

    Does anyone know of a way to forward my facebook messenger notifications from my android phone to my email address? There are apps that can do this for texts and phone calls but I can't find one that supports other apps. I think that would pretty much solve my problem, I could just leave my Android phone at home on wifi and get it to send myself an email which will push to my 920.
    Just tell Facebook to email you on messages, no need to involve the Android app.
  11. devize's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    231 Posts
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by PG2G View Post
    Just tell Facebook to email you on messages, no need to involve the Android app.
    They rarely come through and they aren't instant. Facebook emails for messages are not like they used to be. The facebook messenger app on android, however, is fantastic for notifications.

Similar Threads

  1. Facebook chat won't work for me at all
    By littlesteelo16 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-15-2013, 01:23 PM
  2. Facebook chat doesn't work with Messaging
    By DZetko in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-08-2013, 12:07 AM
  3. facebook chat wont work
    By mrpinkeye in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-12-2012, 06:54 PM
  4. FIM Facebook Chat?
    By deadwrong03 in forum Windows Phone Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-31-2011, 12:31 PM
  5. Li' Messenger working again?
    By zeke009 in forum Windows Phone Apps
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-22-2011, 02:10 PM

Posting Permissions