Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By dlusted
  • 1 Post By Digital Moe
  1. GT2010PassportVersion
    Okay first thing anyone know an data usage app. Okay now comes the bashing why don't Microsoft just realease the app so long that we can plan our data but now we have to wait for compression function which involves waiting for carriers so that means I gona have to pressure my carrier to get it wtf!!!! by the way im in south Africa not all of us are Americans so what's going on does windows phone 8 support the collection of data to easy acces so tht third party apps can be made ? By the wat I'm not an android guy ,U_U me buy no Shiite :D

Global Posts
    1,356 Global Posts
    My Nokia has an app called Data Sense. Came installed on the phone, so your complaint is not quite valid.

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wbdillworth View Post
    My Nokia has an app called Data Sense. Came installed on the phone, so your complaint is not quite valid.
    Actually, his comments are valid!

Anyone outside US don't have this installed like you have... As our carriers haven't allowed it....
    Maybe learn to read the entire comment before you reply next time!
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by wbdillworth View Post
    Data Sense has been made exclusive to Verizon US only for sometime, after that it will be available to all phones/carriers in US/Worldwide

Actually, I don't think the app is available to all of us "inside" the US.😊

Edit: previous post explains why. (while I was typing)

Hope DataSense will be available in Canada too. Right now I have to use the pathetic My Rogers= =

Global Posts
    1,356 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dlusted View Post
    Actually, his comments are valid!

Anyone outside US don't have this installed like you have... As our carriers haven't allowed it....
    Maybe learn to read the entire comment before you reply next time!
    Again, complaining here isn't doing any good. Complain to your carrier.

Global Posts
    1,044 Global Posts
    If you have a Nokia, there is an app that can be downloaded that's not tied to any carrier. I can't answer for any other oem though.
    My next phone...

I'm on EE in the UK, no data app and also EE cannot tell me how much data I'm using at any point in time, right pain as I'm using loads and have no idea how...

Quote Originally Posted by crystal_planet View Post
    If you have a Nokia, there is an app that can be downloaded that's not tied to any carrier. I can't answer for any other oem though.
    Only datasense currently works for lumia 822/8x from verizon US, for other wp8 lumia owners, there isn't any app from nokia yet, for wp7.5 lumia there's counters, but that's 7.5 only

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MF73 View Post
    I'm on EE in the UK, no data app and also EE cannot tell me how much data I'm using at any point in time, right pain as I'm using loads and have no idea how...
    Same her on UK T Mobile the app that I have tells me can't find any data usage figured for me. Just a simple counter that tells me how much I have used and that it can be reset on my billing data. I don't need any of the fancy data sense stuff.
    Muessig likes this.

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    There's "Counter app" (or similar, its called "Liczniki" in Polish) and is included in Nokia Collection but works only on my lumia710 with wp 7.5. So far I found no application working like that for my lumia820, guess we have to wait.

I'm on EE in the UK, just got my latest bill, during the course of the month I had to buy an additional 500mb of data as I was cut off due to reaching my limit. My bill does not state any data usage figures and also ringing EE they cannot tell me. Is it legal to charge people for a service, data usage in this case without being able to give the buyer any details whatsoever on there usage?

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    I'm in the Caribbean and our carrier has a code that you just dial and it tells you how much more data you have for the rest of the month or whatever.

Can't you guys just do that? :/

Is that using a Lumia 920?

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MF73 View Post
    Is that using a Lumia 920?
    If you're talking to me, yes.

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Luckily I'm using a prepaid plan, so it tells me how much data credit I have left by dialing a number/ turning off data usage (a notification appears).
    For those on contract, my country's carriers individually build apps that let you check your data usage/pay bills and etc.
    And yes, I'd like Data Sense too..

Just rung EE and they have a workaround to see data usage now, not sure how accurate it is though, I am 8 days into this month and it says i have used 762mb out of 1580mb, firstly I only get 1gb a month and my usage before this phone was 350mb for a whole month, god knows how I have used 762mb in 8 days...