Tip: You can actually download apps from other regions without altering your Live ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tahiti Bob

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't think many people actually now that. It wasn't the case in WP7 but in WP8 it works fine.
Go to Settings > language+region and change Country/Region to the marketplace you want to access. A "restart phone" button will appear underneath the Regional format example, press it and let your phone restart. That's it, go to the marketplace and enjoy! I've only downloaded free apps but paid ones shouldn't be an issue, specially if you use PayPal.
Hope this helps some people.

Morq

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I did that befor, however there is problem with credit cards being from other region than the phone (eg. I couldnt pay for UK apps using PL card), but ye I think paypal should solve that.

dabdoub81

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
But i don't get paypal option in my country , so I coudn't add it , I just added my CC and will try to buy from other country market , any body did it already !

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I did this to download Nokia Music since there is some positive talk about it yet not accessible for Canada yet. Thanks

Bombfetish

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for this post! As a L920 owner in Canada I have been wanting Nokia Music. Any tips for getting Pandora to work out of region. I am attempting to try this with metrotube but haven't had luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster