We want Windows 8 "WP8 Clonephone" !

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Dear Microsoft, Dear Steve Ballmer,

We want "WP8 Clonephone"!

What is WP8 Clonephone, well, as the name suggests, it is a clone of your WP8 phone on your tablet or PC.

It works like this, you open the app and it displays a touch picture of your phone, that contains all the data of
your phone. It always has the latest SMS, latest email... your apps as they are on your phone. You can even chose
the color of your WP8 device, to match your yellow Lumia 920, or blue HTC 8X.

What ever you do on "Clonephone" it gets done on your handset. What you do on WP8 gets done on your Clonephone,.
You get an SMS, you get it on your PC or Tablet.
You open clone phone and using touch you reply like on your phone, also you can use the keyboard if you have one.

When you send a SMS from "Clonephone", the action gets send to your phone and gets executed. (Of course it has inbuilt
safeties as to how many SMS per month, abuse safeties as to how many SMS per minute and so on.)

If you get a call, you can even have your PC or Tablet indicate it on "Clonephone", at least the missed calls if you are slow
finding your handset.

You can install your apps, if your PC has enough power, run all your apps on your PC / Tablet in Clonephone mode.

"WP8 Clonephone" and WP8 keep in sync. Make it for touch devices only!

Over 120'000 apps you can add to the Windows 8 library, run them on your Clonephone app. No need to buy more than one
copy of your favorite app.

WP8 Clonephone integrates perfectly into Windows 8 split screen mode, phone on one side, other app in the larger half of the screen.

If you like the ides of WP8 Clonephone... well then SAY SO and add your ideas! I am sure many would like such an app!

Last edited:

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
interesting.... i think u can bring this up to the Windows team, at least this feels like something the Windows team has to do instead of the Windowphone team
I guess this would be kind of like Bluestack for android?

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, I don't know Bluestack. But with Clonephone, you can also drag and drop files. Like pictures, attachements... You sync in WLAN or even in 3/4G if you want to. It is a backup of your phone. You can also use the module to sync with Outlook for Windows, calendar, etc. That is an all in one app. The advantages are enormous, because SMS services, WP8 apps are added to any Windows 8 touch device with the app. You can leave your phone in your bedroom charging, still use it on your tablet. Even phone calls are possible if GSM and WLAN can both communicate simultaneously.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Then on your WP8, you can activate the Phoneclone Hotspot mode. Then Wifi is always on and your tablet, PC (all touch with camera and microphone) can use it as a data, voice (as set by the user) hotspot, provided your WP8 is charging. No need to carry two devices with you when you do some reading, etc. on your tablet, PC. You will get your messages, calls or at least call notifications on your other devices that have the Phoneclone app running.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I want to thank Samsung here for implementing ClonePhone on the new Samsung Ativ Q and Samsung Ativ Tab 3.
Samsung called the feature "SideSync"!
Also thx for adding Android in the Ativ Q, I was also saying that this would be a nice feature and that it would reduce Android as an app on Windows 8.
I don't know if I was the first to have these ideas, but it tells me that I am still up to having good ideas :)

lbaxter

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Looks like Samsung adopted this idea with their new ATIV Q tablet. You can run any app from your phone on it. How exciting that Samsung build a Windows 8 tablet that can run all your favorite apps on one screen, making integration seamless between your Windows 8 experience and your smartphone, so long as it's...ANDROID?! WTF, Samsung?!

Seriously, though, this is a good idea. It's a lot like the Palm/HP Pre & Touchpad experience was (get a phone call or message on your Pre, it shows on your Touchpad where you can answer/respond, etc).

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I published the idea in December 2012, I am sure I was not the first, MS had 5 months to announce the feature, they did nothing. If MS does not commit to WP8, why should consumers commit their hard earned money?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720