Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I'm hoping I can get an answer to this minor little issue.
    I have a Starbucks card and would like to transfer it to my Lumia 920. Should I use the SBUX CARD app or should I use WALLET. I just started using Windows Phone so I'm a little unfamiliar with which to use.
    I am aware that SBUX doesn't have support for WALLET, but I am curious as to which would be better to use.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Locutus3d View Post
    I'm hoping I can get an answer to this minor little issue.
    I have a Starbucks card and would like to transfer it to my Lumia 920. Should I use the SBUX CARD app or should I use WALLET. I just started using Windows Phone so I'm a little unfamiliar with which to use.
    I am aware that SBUX doesn't have support for WALLET, but I am curious as to which would be better to use.
    Thanks.
    Im using SBUX and works great. If you haven't already registered your starbucks card, do it. YOu can refile your card via their web site, and it should update your SBUX. Good luck!

Thanks for the quick reply. I know it seems like such a silly dilemma, but I really want to understand the WP8 Wallet and why I would use SBUX if Wallet is supposed to do the same thing.
    However, from what I've read SBUX seems to be the way to go.

Global Posts
    1,222 Global Posts
    I am in the same boat about wallet, I however use SBUX as well

SBUX card has more features in terms of an app for Starbucks. Wallet need more fine-tuning at the moment. I do like the PIN-protection though.

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I know it seems like such a silly dilemma, but I really want to understand the WP8 Wallet and why I would use SBUX if Wallet is supposed to do the same thing.
    The WP Wallet (or the iOS Passbook for that matter) is more of a framework rather than a solution by itself. It allows app developers to add cards to the wallet so that they all show up in one central place. By itself, the Wallet doesn't do much but an app can plug in to the Wallet to display card balance, barcode etc. So it's not really a question of "should I use SBUX or Wallet", it's about "when will SBUX or another Starbucks app support Wallet". None of the major companies have a Wallet-capable app for WP yet, I hope that a few come out soon.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Duplicate post, please ignore.

Thanks for the quick reply. I know it seems like such a silly dilemma, but I really want to understand the WP8 Wallet and why I would use SBUX if Wallet is supposed to do the same thing.
    However, from what I've read SBUX seems to be the way to go.
    Alot of stuff not fully support Wallet Feature yet. Would be nice if we can utilize that feature.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by TMavC5 View Post
    Alot of stuff not fully support Wallet Feature yet. Would be nice if we can utilize that feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by casab1anca View Post
    The WP Wallet (or the iOS Passbook for that matter) is more of a framework rather than a solution by itself. It allows app developers to add cards to the wallet so that they all show up in one central place. By itself, the Wallet doesn't do much but an app can plug in to the Wallet to display card balance, barcode etc. So it's not really a question of "should I use SBUX or Wallet", it's about "when will SBUX or another Starbucks app support Wallet". None of the major companies have a Wallet-capable app for WP yet, I hope that a few come out soon.
    Thanks, guys, I really appreciate the detailed explanations. It cleared up my confusion about Wallet. It seems Wallet won't be fully utilized until developers develop for it.

Going to being using SBUX CARD for my next trip to Starbucks! 😊