To go forward or backward...?

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I know thus may be annoying to read...
But I can't decide if I should gobfor a WP8 device or WP7...

Will b more specific...

HTC 8S or HTC Titan/II?

They are almost identical in specs then why not go for a LARGE screen?
Correct...?
But does a low-end WP8 has any advantage over the high end WP7 device?

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Wow! Lucky u...actually camera is the last thing that matters...its just thr size that was cool...but I guess 8S has a Tethering option correct? Been trying to get Tethering working on my "FLAGSHIP" for the last two hours...nothing but disappointment...android = #EPICFAIL

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Here's the biggest question of all: Will you ever decide which handset to get? First it was a Nexus 4, then it was HTC 8S and now it's an HTC Titan. No offense dude, but I'd really hate to be behind you in a fast food lineup.:winktongue:

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Here's the biggest question of all: Will you ever decide which handset to get? First it was a Nexus 4, then it was HTC 8S and now it's an HTC Titan. No offense dude, but I'd really hate to be behind you in a fast food lineup.:winktongue:

Lol! I started my thread saying "Some people might get annoyed" and i had you in my mind exactly...well almost...
:p

I know what u are saying man...but NeXus was only and ONLY the price...but when the dust settled, I realized it is just another Google Gimmick.

Anyways, I may have decided on the 8S until something cataclysmic happens...like 2012 o something...oh wait... @_@

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I'd sacrifice the better camera and the bigger screen for the newer OS and chipset that will get better support over the next 18-24months.

videoouija

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I'd sacrifice the better camera and the bigger screen for the newer OS and chipset that will get better support over the next 18-24months.

This. Exactly this.

Also, if you really want to have fun, I've read the 620 is better than the 8s, if you're living somewhere you can get one :winktongue:

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
This. Exactly this.

Also, if you really want to have fun, I've read the 620 is better than the 8s, if you're living somewhere you can get one :winktongue:

Thanks but I cant BEAR that...that...Toy of a phone...i would happily go for the 8S

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
This. Exactly this.

He's better off coming up to the Lumia 820 bracket if he wants a toy that gives more bang for the buck. I think that 32GB was the right mix for the L9xxx line, but with the emergence of the L6xxx line, Nokia may find it harder to keep the L8xxx line interesting without some cool and unique gimmick or feature. Having said that, I happily rock my 810.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I meant 512 MB RAM, Snap Dragon, 40x800 resolution... these things are same...
The 8S has a Snapdragon S4 processor, the Titan has a Snapdragon S2. They aren't the same, just as a Core i3 isn't the same as a Core i7. The Titan is vastly inferior in performance. Easy example: it can't capture 1080p.

I'd actually recommend the 620 as a low end device, if you can obtain one, over the 8S. Just speculation on my part, but I think the 4GB internal storage on the 8S will be absolutely brutal and probably ruin its usability if you typically have media content and games on your device.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
The 8S has a Snapdragon S4 processor, the Titan has a Snapdragon S2. They aren't the same, just as a Core i3 isn't the same as a Core i7. The Titan is vastly inferior in performance. Easy example: it can't capture 1080p.

I'd actually recommend the 620 as a low end device, if you can obtain one, over the 8S. Just speculation on my part, but I think the 4GB internal storage on the 8S will be absolutely brutal and probably ruin its usability if you typically have media content and games on your device.

Thanks AngryNil,
I am not much of an App person.
Flipboard
WhatsApp
Taptalk

That's all I use on my "DUAL CORE, FLAGSHIP, 1.2HGz" phone today...So, no point in going for a Lumia 920 honestly. Also, the 8X too is slightly over priced TBVH. That leaves me with 8S. And I just freaking love the design of the 8S. I am not going to install many apps...

2 News Apps
1 Flipbooard-like App
1 WP Central App
1 Instagram (when that comes)

That's about it. I just loved the screen of the Titan/II...

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
In that case, I'd still recommend the 8S. Concession with screen size, but a neat design in return. It would still be quicker to perform your said actions, and if you're waiting for specific apps, you'll probably want to be on WP8 to ensure you get them and the best experience of them.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
In that case, I'd still recommend the 8S. Concession with screen size, but a neat design in return. It would still be quicker to perform your said actions, and if you're waiting for specific apps, you'll probably want to be on WP8 to ensure you get them and the best experience of them.

Thanx! 8S it is... :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss