Bing searches media as default?

flierman

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I am quite happy to use Bing but one thing annoys me, when i pressure the search-button on my HTC8S and search for something it shows media first and not webb-results. This is terrible and i can't find a way to change this....

Any tips how to change or do i have to go using the google-app...seems a shame in that case

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I think it does that when entering the name of a celebrity with the assumption that one is looking for pictures of them ( which usually is the case).

iPwnza

Banned
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Depends on the query. Things that are usually image searched for, images display first. If you search for a math problem, web shows first due to relavance.

flierman

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
For me it is image whatever i search for, pretty useless. I was thinking of giving Bing a chance but like this it i to annoying so ill go google. Shame and pretty lame it can't be changed.....not user friendly at all. 😠

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Wow some of you people are sensitive. It probably takes less time to just swipe over to web than load up the Google app...

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Same problem for me. It showed me the web content as default at first, but nowadays it always shows media first, which is rarely what I want to see first.

Nothing that would make me stop using Bing, but a bit annoying regardless. Even most of the time when I search for example celebrities, I look for their wikipedia page instead of their pictures.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon