How is Nokia Transit?

PDFierro3

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if Nokia Transit is as accurate as Google Maps in its transit directions? After seeing Nokia's HERE Maps for iOS completely flop, I'm a little hesitant.

The app looks good, but does it pull the same data that Google Maps does? Specifically, I'd be using this service in Los Angeles. I'm also aware there are other transit apps for Windows Phone 8, but I'd like to hear about Nokia Transit and if it's reliable.

darthtata85

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I am going to say I have a non bias view owning, HTC Desire HD (Android) Iphone 3gs, & 4 and now a Nokia Lumia 820 in terms of speed and accuracy I believe Transit to be the best!

Lee B

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
You should try it out in LA, but my experience in Boston is that Nokia Transit and Google Maps mostly give similar results, but Nokia is better overall because it sometimes offers options that Google misses. I've been very happy with the app. Google and Nokia both seem to rely on the same schedule information provided by the T, and the trains don't always come when the T says they will, but I don't blame the software for that limitation.

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I've used it for about a month now in Indianapolis, Cleveland, Columbus...it was very smooth and accurate.
Sent from my Nokia L810 using Board Express

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Google and Nokia both seem to rely on the same schedule information provided by the T, and the trains don't always come when the T says they will, but I don't blame the software for that limitation.

I do. There's freely available real-time tracking data provided that Nokia refuses to use.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
It's excellent in NYC, I haven't used it much here in Florida as we don't have much mass transit. The interface is brilliant I think. Very nice app, but pretty much every Nokia WP app is excellent so I wasn't surprised.

Lee B

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I do. There's freely available real-time tracking data provided that Nokia refuses to use.

Well, yes, except for the Green Line, which is what I use most. The T can track the buses and the other three subway lines, but America's oldest subway is technically-challenged. The T says real-time data for the Green LIne is coming one year or another.

PDFierro3

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
You should try it out in LA, but my experience in Boston is that Nokia Transit and Google Maps mostly give similar results, but Nokia is better overall because it sometimes offers options that Google misses. I've been very happy with the app. Google and Nokia both seem to rely on the same schedule information provided by the T, and the trains don't always come when the T says they will, but I don't blame the software for that limitation.

Thanks! And to everyone else. I was just making sure they use the same data, because I've heard of apps like HopStop providing incorrect directions compared to Google Maps. And then the HERE Maps flop on iOS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos