Account confusion...

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
These are some preparatory steps I am taking so please bear with me:

Now if you look carefully in this image:

hyzava3y.jpg

The first two accounts are a little confusing. Now, I have two accounts, ONE for gaming/XBOX and TWO for mails and office work.
Which out of the two is a primary account?
The Microsoft account or the Outlook account?
I wish to use the two accounts separately and not in any way should they cross each other, ever.

Any help? Which is that ONE account I need to download apps and all? Like the main Account?
Thanx!

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

scottd34

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Whichever account you used to download apps before is the one you use. They are separate because old hotmail etc used pop and outlook.com and ms exchange use activesync to sync emails, so the backend setting are different. Just pick whichever is for the email account you use and you're fine.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Whichever account you used to download apps before is the one you use. They are separate because old hotmail etc used pop and outlook.com and ms exchange use activesync to sync emails, so the backend setting are different. Just pick whichever is for the email account you use and you're fine.

That's the catch...both are new accounts. This "earlier Hotmail, now Outlook" and "not the office Outlook but the new Hotmail-turned-Outlook" thing is very annoying...
Both are freshly made accounts but one specifically made for XBOX and one for ONLY office work...

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
That all depends. Your Xbox account will be the Microsoft option. How do you connect to your work account remotely? In my case, I run an exchange server at work that I can connect to remotely so for work I use the "Outlook" option for it on my phone. When you get your phone, one of the first things you'll be asked to do is connect to your Windows Live account and all your contact information will be installed automatically. But I can't remember off hand if that email is setup for you at the same time.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
That all depends. Your Xbox account will be the Microsoft option. How do you connect to your work account remotely? In my case, I run an exchange server at work that I can connect to remotely so for work I use the "Outlook" option for it on my phone. When you get your phone, one of the first things you'll be asked to do is connect to your Windows Live account and all your contact information will be installed automatically. But I can't remember off hand if that email is setup for you at the same time.

I am talking about exactly that account crystal_planet...but it's not the work mail as in the one from my company. Its my personal ID I use to reply to mails, its like a normal mail account. But XBOX ID is different.

On the first boot, which account will I b asked for? Outlook or Microsoft?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I believe the account you use to sign into your phone is automatically listed as your Microsoft account. Thus, all app purchases will be tied to that email/account.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
That's the catch, then y 2 account options?

I could be wrong about this but I believe it's to accommodate people who sign-in using alternative email accounts like Gmail, Yahoo, or AOL. Then that becomes their default Microsoft Account.

chamba

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Use your xbox ID as your main account (the one you use during initial setup). This way your personal games and info will be separate from your work. I have an old live ID (personal) and a new outlook ID (work) set up exactly this way and they are nicely separate.

MikeTheYid

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Personally what I think you should do is change your xbox email to your mail one then you only need the 1 sign in. If you dont want to do that the xbox one should be your main account. It will then save your achievements and keep all games apps together along with xbox purchases. Both your accounts were personal right?

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Personally what I think you should do is change your xbox email to your mail one then you only need the 1 sign in. If you dont want to do that the xbox one should be your main account. It will then save your achievements and keep all games apps together along with xbox purchases. Both your accounts were personal right?

Thanx... yes both are personal. Hmmm, I think u are right. ..i need to make my MAIN ID as the XBOX ID...and work ID as my personal ID..phew so much confusion...

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Use your xbox ID as your main account (the one you use during initial setup). This way your personal games and info will be separate from your work. I have an old live ID (personal) and a new outlook ID (work) set up exactly this way and they are nicely separate.

Might b doing just that...thanx!

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Revisiting my old thread, if I want a particular XBOX avatar to show up in the XBOX gaming hub, I need to sign-in in to a Microsoft account right? Not Outlook correct?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
These are some preparatory steps I am taking so please bear with me:

Now if you look carefully in this image:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/26/hyzava3y.jpg

The first two accounts are a little confusing. Now, I have two accounts, ONE for gaming/XBOX and TWO for mails and office work.
Which out of the two is a primary account?
The Microsoft account or the Outlook account?
I wish to use the two accounts separately and not in any way should they cross each other, ever.

Any help? Which is that ONE account I need to download apps and all? Like the main Account?
Thanx!

Microsoft account is the one with your XBOX gamer tag that is the one you use to download your apps to. It will work like exchange and it will be your Live ID. Always use the one associated with the gamer tag you want to use. If you don't when you open the games hub on your WP it will assign you a gamer tag. That starts a whole different pain in the but to fix. Trust me on this one. All your other emails accounts if you are syncing email, Contacts, Calendar and you can use exchange will be set up under outlook.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft account is the one with your XBOX gamer tag that is the one you use to download your apps to. It will work like exchange and it will be your Live ID. Always use the one associated with the gamer tag you want to use. If you don't when you open the games hub on your WP it will assign you a gamer tag. That starts a whole different pain in the but to fix. Trust me on this one. All your other emails accounts if you are syncing email, Contacts, Calendar and you can use exchange will be set up under outlook.

Thanks Dave!
See, my gamer tag and account ID is - PROGUERAM
My account is also the same name@outlook.com.

THEN, I have another ID, my work ID: which is my real name@outlook.com

I get what u are saying, the Microsoft account should be PROGUERAM, my gamertag...
Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire