Windows Phone Store calling me "User"

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
When I post a review and see my review, it says User next to it. Some say User too and others have their names, gamertags, etc. How can I change this? I asked a WP8 expert this:

Info: Please wait for an agent to respond. You are currently '1' in the queue.
Info: Privacy Statement
You are now chatting with 'Zeb B.'.

Zeb B.: Hello , my name is Zeb B. with Microsoft Support. Please give me a few moments as I review the information you've submitted.
Kyle: ok
Zeb B.: Hi Kyle, For your reference, the SR number for this chat is (BLAH). I understand you want to have a name attached to reviews you submit, is that correct?
Kyle: yes
Zeb B.: Okay, are the reviews on apps for the Windows Phone?
Kyle: yes
Zeb B.: While I am searching for more information, may I please ask you for the make and model of your phone?
Kyle: Nokia Lumia 920
Zeb B.: Thank you. Do you have a gamer tag attached to your Microsoft account?\
Kyle: yes (that's what I want the name to show instead of User).
Kyle: my email is attached to the thread.
Zeb B.: Okay, let me see what I can find out. I'm not really familiar with how the review process works.
Kyle: other reviewers have their names (not all are gamertags). some say User too.
Zeb B.: Is it showing that on the phone itself?
Kyle: the phone and the windows phone store website
Kyle: this has to be something I can change, I just cant find it.
Kyle: if you cant find it, I'll just ask someone in the WPCentral Forums.
Zeb B.: Alright, I don't see any information in my database about it, so I was going to try it on my own phone to see what would happen.
Kyle: it takes like 24 hours for your review to show
Zeb B.: Oh, okay, the website says it should show up after a few minutes.
Kyle: which WP8 device do you have?
Zeb B.: Lumia 820
Kyle: and oh, I didn't know that
Kyle: the 820 is a good phone. :)
Kyle: thank you
Zeb B.: Yes, I'm very happy with it.
Zeb B.: I see what you mean. My review has yet to appear.
Kyle: ya
Kyle: if you scroll down and see the reviews, some say User and some have names.
Zeb B.: Yes, I see that. I'm not sure if this would make a difference or not, but have you tried signing into the windowsphone.com site before or after submitting your review?
Kyle: no
Zeb B.: First I submitted my review through my phone. That didn't update in the website, so I signed into the site and submitted my review again. It says it was submitted, but that's all. I have a feeling it's just going to show my first name.
Kyle: well thank you
Zeb B.: You're welcome. I wish I could be of more help, but hopefully you'll find a definitive answer very soon.
Zeb B.: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Kyle: no
Info: Your chat transcript will be sent to (BLAH) at the end of your chat.
Zeb B.: Happy Holidays to you and your family.
Zeb B.: To end your chat session please click the
zune_chat_window_icon_close.png
above the chat window. If you have any additional questions after you disconnect, feel free to contact us again. Thank you for contacting Microsoft Customer Support.
Kyle: thank you

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps the review has not yet been posted. I believe there is a delay before new reviews actually get posted. Perhaps it will show up with your gamer tag if you visit Store again in a day or two and are not logged in.

Have you tried visiting the store on your PC browser while not logged in to your Microsoft account? Does your gamer tag show up as your name in the review then?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps the review has not yet been posted. I believe there is a delay before new reviews actually get posted. Perhaps it will show up with your gamer tag if you visit Store again in a day or two and are not logged in.

Have you tried visiting the store on your PC browser while not logged in to your Microsoft account? Does your gamer tag show up as your name in the review then?

no, when it's posted, it says User. It says this with other names. Next time you check out reviews for apps, see that some of the names say User and others not.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
This happened to my mom, she got a windows phone earlier this year (Nokia 710). She had to change it on her phone by going into games then it prompted her to make an xbox user name. The only other option is change it on an xbox. There are actually setting on the xbox you can do to change your user name. The last option is to go to xbox.com

This is what I would try. Your gamertag is what should show, if it is User(123456789) or whatever numbers come after user, then you need to make a Gamertag.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
This happened to my mom, she got a windows phone earlier this year (Nokia 710). She had to change it on her phone by going into games then it prompted her to make an xbox user name. The only other option is change it on an xbox. There are actually setting on the xbox you can do to change your user name. The last option is to go to xbox.com

This is what I would try. Your gamertag is what should show, if it is User(123456789) or whatever numbers come after user, then you need to make a Gamertag.

I have a gamertag. I'm a gold member. And it just says User in app reviews. In the Xbox hub, it shows my Gamertag.

Residing

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I've seen 'User' also in reviews. I never set my user name, however, when I post reviews, it uses the name in my email address (i.e. xyz.abc at live.com) thus my user name, in this example, shows up as xyz. By the way, that is not my real email address.

Lumia 900. WP7.5

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like Microsoft has Yet Another Database Error in the store.

Seriously, the store has alpha-release levels of stability (and app availability). It's embarrassing. You often can have a search for a recently-updated or recently-released app fail outright with a "no results found," and then click a link to take you straight to the app in the store.

MaxPower203

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Log into Hotmail with your gamer account. From there, you can edit your first and last name. Reviews were showing my first name so I changed it as I described and now it uses my gamertag (I put it as my first name.).

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Log into Hotmail with your gamer account. From there, you can edit your first and last name. Reviews were showing my first name so I changed it as I described and now it uses my gamertag (I put it as my first name.).

Okay, I did. But my gamertag is one word, so I needed to put something different for my last name. I put unstoppablekem (my gamertag) for my first name, and is unstoppable for my last name. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)