Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

50 Posts

I got my Nokia Lumia 820 just over a month ago and overall I'm really happy with it. Previously I had a Nokia SuperNova 7510, so I can't compare WP8 to an iPhone or Android phone. Like I said, I'm happy overall with it, but there are a couple things that I would love tweaked. If somebody knows where I can submit these suggestions to the WP8 team, that would be appreciated.

1. On my 7510, I could set up different ringing profiles, indoor, outdoor, silent etc. The best part of these profiles was the ability to switch to one for a defined period of time. For example if I was in a movie theatre, I could change to silent mode and have it set to automatically switch back to normal mode at 9:00 p.m. when I expected the movie to end. I didn't have to remember to turn it back to normal mode myself and miss calls etc. That is a small but really great feature.

2. I can't set a custom reminder time for calendar items on the phone. I can if I use outlook.com and sync my phone, but that's a pain. Since I can set a custom duration for the same item, I don't think it should be that hard to update it so I can set a custom reminder time.

540 Posts
    Global Posts
    549 Global Posts
    I can't help you with the first one ...
    the second one is easy , Open calendar choose a date and time and write your appointment after you wrote it down click on the little pencil (edit) and then scroll down More info ... there's a reminder option which you can set to your custom needs.

167 Posts
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    1. No can do, man.

50 Posts
    Thanks for the suggestion about setting the reminder, but you can only choose from a list of preset times. One can't choose two hours for example because that's not on the list. Also, I can't modify a custom reminder time that was set via outlook.com on the phone.