Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I bought a Nokia 820 from T-Mobile . So far I like most everything on the phone. I came from a BB Bold and couldn’t wait any longer for BB to release BB10.

On the Microsoft Live Email settings list “Content to Sync” Email [only]. Whereas the Hotmail email settings lists “Content to sync” Email, Contacts, Calendar, and tasks. Why is that?

Why can’t I download tunes to my email alert tones? It will only display in the Phone tones.

Really I don’t want to sync to Hotmail or live, had I known that was the only way to sync calendar and contacts I’d never have bought the phone. I want to put a cord into the base of the phone and plug the other end into the USB port of my Windows 7 computer and sync. Is there any app or way to do this? I’d not like to use the cloud.

Tom

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    How are your contacts and calendars stored on your computer, do you use Outlook? What account is your desktop Outlook client connected to?

If you want physical syncing only I would probably exchange your phone for something else.
    Last edited by jhguth; 12-26-2012 at 02:00 PM.

I use oulook 2007. My desktop client is pointed to my local ISP for email. It's too late for an exchange. I was curious if there is an app taht would allow a direct access to my outlook calendar and contacts.
    Tks!

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    If you really don't want to use a cloud service take a look at the iPhone and Samsung Galaxy SIII, you probably have 14 days to return your phone.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I use Akruto Sync to sync contacts, calendar, and tasks directly between Lumia 920 with outlook. I also hate the idea of storing data in the public cloud. Akruto Sync is not exactly a USB sync, but accomplishes the same thing - it keeps your data local, avoids the cloud.