Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

Falling in love

HP Envy 34 review: An ultrawide curved all-in-one after my heart

2015 machine in 2017?

Surface 3 still holds its own in 2017

Let Kodi cut your cord

You should be using Kodi for Windows 10

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 41 of 41
  1. luk3ja's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    487 Posts
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by chenhogi View Post
    htc 8x.
    my 8X allows me to select 'upload at best quality' which is WiFi only. Your carrier must have disabled the option for some reason even though its WiFi only so would have no effect on their network
    chenhogi likes this.
  2. chenhogi's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    358 Posts
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by luk3ja View Post
    my 8X allows me to select 'upload at best quality' which is WiFi only. Your carrier must have disabled the option for some reason even though its WiFi only so would have no effect on their network
    That could be it, although as you say, it makes no sense.
    Thanks anyhow.
  3. PhotoAnt's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by rajkumr View Post
    don't go to the SkyDrive app.

    Go to settings and slide over to application settings, select photos+camera.

    There you will find the option to auto upload to SkyDrive, select it and you will see the auto upload settings for photos and video, choose best quality.

    Now whenever you take new pictures the photos app will display new uploads waiting and when you connect to a WiFi network the new photos will start uploading to SkyDrive in full resolution!

    This option is not available on my phone. I am in Singapore and Nokia has confirmed this feature is not available for us...as usual.
  4. PhotoAnt's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by luk3ja View Post
    my 8X allows me to select 'upload at best quality' which is WiFi only. Your carrier must have disabled the option for some reason even though its WiFi only so would have no effect on their network
    I am using the L920 and have the same limitation. It's not by the carrier as I bought mine from the Nokia's appointed shop at retail price.

    Similarly, we are still waiting for the Portico update. Different settings in different markets, pretty stupid!
  5. Florin Anghel's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    102 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #30  
    I have the portico update and the option for high quality is not there. So it's a restriction based on the region of where your phone was sold.
    Solution: If you really want to have a pic with the original resolution saved on skydrive, you can go to your "photos hub", go on the desired picture(s) and choose "save to skydrive". It will upload the picture with its original size in the Mobile Uploads on your skydrive account. Hope it helps.
    Last edited by Florin Anghel; 01-10-2013 at 09:26 AM.
  6. rareohs's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    53 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by rajkumr View Post
    don't go to the SkyDrive app.

    Go to settings and slide over to application settings, select photos+camera.

    There you will find the option to auto upload to SkyDrive, select it and you will see the auto upload settings for photos and video, choose best quality.

    Now whenever you take new pictures the photos app will display new uploads waiting and when you connect to a WiFi network the new photos will start uploading to SkyDrive in full resolution!
    Yeah, but what about if I don't want ALL my photos auto-uploaded?! I want to be able to pick and choose which photos I want uploaded to Skydrive, and when, and THEN I want to be able to decide full res or not... is that possible??
  7. FinsUpDNC's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    200 Posts
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by rareohs View Post
    Yeah, but what about if I don't want ALL my photos auto-uploaded?! I want to be able to pick and choose which photos I want uploaded to Skydrive, and when, and THEN I want to be able to decide full res or not... is that possible??
    Open up your camera roll, select the image, bring up menu, save to skydrive.

    There is never a need to attach a full size image, and I wish the iphone would not have this option. I want a link to download the attachment, I know dropbox makes this easy...and on our WP8 it is easy to share with skydrive. Every time someone sends me 5 images from their iphone, I want to smack them! This is why I am also happy that our phones don't download images automatically. I call it an ***** control. I would not want to wait 10 minutes for a work email because a friend decided to send me 12 pictures of their dog.
    rareohs likes this.
  8. rareohs's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    53 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by FinsUpDNC View Post
    Open up your camera roll, select the image, bring up menu, save to skydrive.
    I've done that, several times. The photos are only 2.4mp when they get to SkyDrive...

    ??
  9. FinsUpDNC's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    200 Posts
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by rareohs View Post
    I've done that, several times. The photos are only 2.4mp when they get to SkyDrive...

    ??
    I just did a test and get it saved at 3352 x 2000 and the image is 3.32 MB
  10. Chris_Kez's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    888 Posts
    Global Posts
    892 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by FinsUpDNC View Post
    There is never a need to attach a full size image
    I assume you mean that the *need to attach* is obviated by the option to send a link through skydrive, and not that there is never a need to *share* full size images. Pretty much any time I share an image with someone I want them to get full resolution.

    If MS wants to force us to use skydrive to send full res, then it should be an option under the Share menu. If you press "Share", you should then see "Message, Mail, Skydrive Link, Facebook, Twitter, etc.". Don't force me to upload, then exit Photos, enter Skydrive, drill down through my folders, select the picture, then share it. That sequence basically destroys the entire "integrated" notion of WP8.
  11. FinsUpDNC's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    200 Posts
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Kez View Post
    I assume you mean that the *need to attach* is obviated by the option to send a link through skydrive, and not that there is never a need to *share* full size images. Pretty much any time I share an image with someone I want them to get full resolution.

    If MS wants to force us to use skydrive to send full res, then it should be an option under the Share menu. If you press "Share", you should then see "Message, Mail, Skydrive Link, Facebook, Twitter, etc.". Don't force me to upload, then exit Photos, enter Skydrive, drill down through my folders, select the picture, then share it. That sequence basically destroys the entire "integrated" notion of WP8.
    Yes that is what I meant, and you right on the second part as well.
  12. rareohs's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    53 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by FinsUpDNC View Post
    I just did a test and get it saved at 3352 x 2000 and the image is 3.32 MB
    so just to clarify, and I'm asking honestly b/c I don't know... but is 3.32 MB the correct size for a full 8mp image??

    and why is mine saving at 2.4 instead?!?
  13. jhguth's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    580 Posts
    Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #38  
    There is no one file size for 8MP
  14. robmif76's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    35 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by FinsUpDNC View Post
    Open up your camera roll, select the image, bring up menu, save to skydrive.

    There is never a need to attach a full size image, and I wish the iphone would not have this option. I want a link to download the attachment, I know dropbox makes this easy...and on our WP8 it is easy to share with skydrive. Every time someone sends me 5 images from their iphone, I want to smack them! This is why I am also happy that our phones don't download images automatically. I call it an ***** control. I would not want to wait 10 minutes for a work email because a friend decided to send me 12 pictures of their dog.
    Can't agree with that. It's an unnecessary restriction and a hindrance that's all it is. Your email argument doesn't hold either cos you see your emails in preview mode before you open and download the whole attachment.

    If this was the way iOS or Android worked no doubt it will be plastered all over these forums as a big advantage of WP over them.
  15. Rickosw's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    170 Posts
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #40  
    Hi Guys,

    from the earlier posts, i also experienced pic files size of 2-3MB, in formats of ( 3352 x 2000 or 2448 x 3264 ) in various shooting conditions (day & light).
    the biggest size that i ever managed to upload to skydrive is around 6MB (due to post-processing on Nokia Creative Studio)

    anyone here is able to capture images with file size above 4MB ??? (in original pic without processing )

    also i will like to check, the pics that we upload via the Microsoft Facebook app is in "High Definition mode" or standard mode'

    cheers!
    Last edited by Rickosw; 01-12-2013 at 07:35 PM.
  16. bens770's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by George Ponder View Post
    Nope and it is a pain.
    You do have third party apps that will share pics at a higher resolution but it should be a native feature.
    Which app?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Shared Photos on WP8
    By DropPass in forum OneDrive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-25-2012, 03:52 AM
  2. Questions about Email on WP8
    By octavian90 in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-10-2012, 08:54 PM
  3. Failing to Show Photos in Emails
    By jonjonhenzell in forum Upcoming and Rumored Tablets
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-03-2012, 08:14 PM
  4. Email groups in gmail on windows phone?
    By captgadget in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2012, 10:27 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-16-2011, 09:50 AM

Posting Permissions