Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is there a way to email the photos in original size using WP8's built in email client? I have tried to search for the options but they dont seem to exist. Is anybody else facing the same problem. This is something that I feel is very necessary in case you need to email photos that you have taken right away.

P.S: doesnt matter if I am on WiFi or cellular data, it always reduces the size of the pics to a few hundred KBs
    Editor

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Nope and it is a pain.
    You do have third party apps that will share pics at a higher resolution but it should be a native feature.
    George Ponder
    Reviews Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: george.ponder@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @coppertop004

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    This is exactly what I'm talking about with WP8. These arbitrary iOS-like restrictions are doing nothing but turning away new users.

You gotta use Skydrive. That's the easiest way.
    Last edited by Byzantium; 12-26-2012 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by George Ponder View Post
    Nope and it is a pain.
    You do have third party apps that will share pics at a higher resolution but it should be a native feature.
    Which?

Quote Originally Posted by chenhogi View Post
    Which?
    you can upload it to skydrive with full resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by androidtoWM View Post
    How do I do that?
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Byzantium View Post
    This is exactly what I'm talking about with WP8. These arbitrary iOS-like restrictions are doing nothing but turning away new users.

You gotta use Skydrive. That's the easiest way.
    There's no such stupid restriction on iOS. It gives you 4 options, one of which is to send the picture in its original size

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ammarmalik2011 View Post
    There's no such stupid restriction on iOS. It gives you 4 options, one of which is to send the picture in its original size
    I mean that iOS had this restriction back in iOS1 through iOS4, and only recently added it. I don't know why Windows Phone has this restriction considering no other mobile OS has it at this point.

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    How do I do that?
    if your photos backup to skydrive is setup with best quality, all your photos are sent to SkyDrive in full quality and size.
    Open the SkyDrive app and share the photos

Quote Originally Posted by rajkumr View Post
    if your photos backup to skydrive is setup with best quality, all your photos are sent to SkyDrive in full quality and size.
    On my phone, the camera is set to take photos at a resolution of 6 MP. The SkyDrive app setting are set to photo upload size of original. Yet, on my PC, the size of the photos uploaded is between 200 to 300 KB. This can't be right.

What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by androidtoWM View Post
    Apparently this feature is only available,in the US. International version does not have this function, it sucks!

On my phone, the camera is set to take photos at a resolution of 6 MP. The SkyDrive app setting are set to photo upload size of original. Yet, on my PC, the size of the photos uploaded is between 200 to 300 KB. This can't be right.

What am I doing wrong?
    How do you set the resolution of the camera? Or is feature again only available in selected market?

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoAnt View Post
    Apparently this feature is only available,in the US. International version does not have this function, it sucks!
    not quite, my Lumia 920 is an int. Ver. Bought in the UAE.

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    if full resolution is selected, it will only upload to skydrive when you hit wifi

so it doesn't really help you out if you are in the field somewhere and need to send someone full resolution right away.

Really? This is absolutely absurd if true.
    So the only way I can get my full resolution pictures is by connecting the phone via USB to my PC?

available everywhere. If you upload via the SkyDrive app and im in UK and I can upload full res to SkyDrive from photo app

Quote Originally Posted by luk3ja View Post
    available everywhere. If you upload via the SkyDrive app and im in UK and I can upload full res to SkyDrive from photo app
    Well I can't, unless I doing something wrong. In the SkyDrive app settings I have 2 options under photo upload size: original or resized. I have chosen original, yet my photos are uploaded low resolution to SkyDrive.

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Well I can't, unless I doing something wrong. In the SkyDrive app settings I have 2 options under photo upload size: original or resized. I have chosen original, yet my photos are uploaded low resolution to SkyDrive.
    don't go to the SkyDrive app.

Go to settings and slide over to application settings, select photos+camera.

There you will find the option to auto upload to SkyDrive, select it and you will see the auto upload settings for photos and video, choose best quality.

Now whenever you take new pictures the photos app will display new uploads waiting and when you connect to a WiFi network the new photos will start uploading to SkyDrive in full resolution!
    Thanked by:

How do I do that?
    while viewing a picture, tap on the three dots and choose 'Save to Skydrive'.

you can also auto-upload all the photos you take to your skydrive. by default it uploads the medium quality photos. the high quality ones needs wifi.
    but they only let you do this over wifi, which is flipping stupid, IMO - let ME choose

don't go to the SkyDrive app.

Go to settings and slide over to application settings, select photos+camera.

There you will find the option to auto upload to SkyDrive, select it and you will see the auto upload settings for photos and video, choose best quality.

Now whenever you take new pictures the photos app will display new uploads waiting and when you connect to a WiFi network the new photos will start uploading to SkyDrive in full resolution!
    I did as you said, but under auto upload to SkyDrive I have only 2 options: don't upload and upload.

skydrivephoto.jpg

OK, I've just downloaded this photo from the MMPoweruser site, and indeed it shows the settings rajkumr is referring to. The thing is, I don't have the full settings on my phone, I just have 2 options under Photos: don't upload and upload.

Why is this?

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Chenhogi, which windows phone do you have?

If you want to upload full res images to SkyDrive when out of Wifi coverage, there's an app in the store called Camera Roll Sync that does what you want.

chenhogi, which windows phone do you have?

htc 8x.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast