How to fix 86000107 error and it's cause

WillBrown

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Symptom:
When opening email on Windows Phone you receive error code of 86000107 saying "We're having a problem connecting to abc-m.hotmail.com".

After hours and hours of searching, and almost resetting my phone and reloading everything, I finally came across the answer!

See the details here:
Error Code 86000107 - Microsoft Community

In short, there is a known bug that causes sync issues when you receive a text message with more than 25 recipients and you have Text Backup turned on. Apparently text backup has issues backing up that many texts.

To fix the sync issues you simply turn off Text Backup under "backup" in settings, delete the threads with 25+ recipients, then turn Text Backup back on. Simple!

There appears to be a fix in the works by the Windows Phone team.

Winfonejunkie

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
thanks so much for this! I nearly hard reset my phone over this issue! M$ really needs to get its act together regarding this random bugs and issues with Windows 8.

holmesr

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I started to come here first, but found my answer in the MS communities as well. I sent too many Happy New Year wishes out at one shot last night and found myself with the same problem this morning. Anyway, good find WillBrown.

Germ1412

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi WillBrown, this is great! Apparently, this happens even if you SEND an sms with more than 25 recipients - which was the case with me where I had not received but sent a mass-sms. The solution still worked so thanks again! Cheers.

Cathy Claiborne

May 12, 2013
Visit site
i have a nokia 900. i keep getting this message. i tried to fix the problem by going into settings and looking for text back up like was mentioned in the other post but i don't have anything that says text backup on my phone to turn it on or off.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i have a nokia 900. i keep getting this message. i tried to fix the problem by going into settings and looking for text back up like was mentioned in the other post but i don't have anything that says text backup on my phone to turn it on or off.
The Nokia Lumia 900 does not have text back up. That is a feature only available on Windows Phone 8, not Windows Phone 7.x

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05