Accounts stuck syncing?

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having an issue with their MS Account, twitter and linked in account stuck syncing? My FB and office 365 accounts are ok. But its been like this for hours

ThaFunk

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I am running into the same problem, everyone of my accounts except for background assistant has been syncing all day. Doesn't matter if I turn off the phone and then turn back on. I have an htc 8x on Verizon. Gmail and Outlook will occasionally stop syncing but the second that I try to open my linked email app, the app crashes and then the accounts go right back to syncing. What is causing this????

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
damn. i uninstalled skype, rebooted an reinstalled. sync issue gone.

i hope they get this worked out soon. matter of fact, please just bake it into the next os update so i can make skype video calls just like facetime.

Sumit8

May 5, 2012
Visit site
skype coused the same problem for me. And that lead to not recieving texts or email anymore.
But i had to do a hard reset to get rid of it. I won'T install skype until it is out of BETA:

ThaFunk

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I had that happen once. Reset the phone. Haven't had it happen since.

So you factory reset the phone and that fixed the problem? Because I can't even receive text messages on addition to email...I don't really want to go through setting up my phone all over again if I can help it.

hdalaq

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
damn. i uninstalled skype, rebooted an reinstalled. sync issue gone.

i hope they get this worked out soon. matter of fact, please just bake it into the next os update so i can make skype video calls just like facetime.

Confirmed, it was Skype causing the problem, I uninstalled it and everything started syncing again.
The problem is when your MS account doesn't sync a bunch of other stuff gets bugged (People hub, Messaging hub, and the Me hub) All got bugged and started crashing.
Also Skype doesn't work properly when in the background anyway, a decent fix is needed for it.

sasler

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just to confirm that I had the same thing on my Windows Phone 8. Today my Microsoft account got stuck and multiple things (people, photos) stopped working correctly. Restarting the phone didn't help, but uninstalling Skype and restarting the phone did. Even after installing Skype again, everything continued to work. Still I hope we will get a new version of Skype soon. Currently it simply has too many annoying issues to make it truly useful.

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
also, make sure that you do not have your Microsoft account linked to your Skype account. I know that there is an option to merge your MS account with your skype account on the PC version of Skype. I did this a few days ago, then noticed my texts were buggy and my accounts were stuck syncing. after un-merging my skype and MS accounts via the computer, all problems were fixed. I had uninstalled skype on my WP as well

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3