Does WP8 display photos alphabetically? Or chronologically like iPhone & Android???

peterharvey

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have been using Windows Mobile since 2001 in the Toshiba e310.
In 2004, I moved to an O2 XDA II Mini 2.8".
In 2007 to a Dopod 810 2.8" with a 328 MHz processor.
In 2009 to a HTC Touch HD 3.8" with a 528 MHz processor using Windows Mobile 6.1.
In 2010 to a HTC Touch HD2 with a 1 GHz Snapdragron processor and Windows Mobile 6.5.
So I am used to the ability to display photographs in alphabetical order, and even rename the photographs as well.

I am wondering if the new Windows Phone 8 OS can:
1) arrange photos alphabetically?
2) can rename photos?

I notice that Windows 8 RT tablets can indeed arrange their photos chronologically or alphabetically.
So far, I have been unhappy with my iPhone and Android, because they arrange photos chronologically only.
I am waiting for a comparison between the forthcoming lightweight with micro SD card dull Amoled Samsung Ativ S, and the heavyweight short battery life great camera Nokia Lumia 920 which is selling like hot cakes...

peterharvey

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your speedy reply.
That's really sad.
It's amazing how they take short cuts these days, but I guess it makes the OS faster and more stable.
Nevermind, as long as Windows 8 RT tablets can display the photos alphabetically, that'll be fine for me.
If my memory is correct, Windows 8 RT tablets can even rename the file too...

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
It's amazing how they take short cuts these days, but I guess it makes the OS faster and more stable.
Not so much for those reasons, it's likely due to extreme simplicity (and maybe time constraints). Microsoft is moving to dictate the usage paradigms possible on a device rather than giving you the laundry list of capabilities. It has probably deemed the names of images to be unnecessary for the smartphone user, and hence alphabetical sort and renaming functions aren't available.

TheDvlsAdvc8

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
On the photo hub menu, there is a "date" item that will show you photos sorted by month taken. There is no photo naming on most mobile devices these days... its been deemed superfluous.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs