Where to official report a bug?

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
It just dawned on me, if one finds a bonafide bug in the WP8 operating system, how, where does one report it?

1. Go through your service provider? (AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Rogers, etc)
2. The handset manufacturer? (Nokia, HTC, etc)
3. Microsoft?

Once you pick one of the above three, where do you go? Is there a web page, phone number, email?

Just curious. Because reporting back here on these forums, you're just "preaching to the choir".

Ritzar

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
You can wisit the Windows Phone Support | Xbox LIVE | Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone (United Kingdom).
Then you can either choose to use the Windows Phone Feature Suggestions Box or the Microsoft Community Support.
If you contact Nokia for a WP software bug, they will help you, although in most cases they will escalate the problem to Microsoft.
Lumia phones are an amazing piece of hardware, really. The OS is Windows. Users should alow WP system to "Grow Up". Let's not forget that the other smartphone oriented software like Android and IOS exist for several years already.

Hans Ham

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
"Android and IOS exist for several years already" is such a weak defence. That is an advantage: you can just copy the user interface from them and start from there. I do not understand why some obvious features are not standard in WP. One example: when you play music there is no way to shift the progress bar to go a little further in the song. If you just look how YouTube works, there is a perfect example how to do that. To me it appears that user satisfaction is not the highest priority for the WP developers.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
One example: when you play music there is no way to shift the progress bar to go a little further in the song.
Actually for this issue, just do a long press on the fast forward button and it will shift through the song, instead of going to the next song.

Hari523

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I am a huge fan of windows phone and I am using Lumia 920 which I bought almost 1 year ago. I agree to the point that windows phone system will take time to grow. But this should be in the applications perspective rather than the User Interface or user experience

For example, if you are navigating through the music "album" menu and select an album. After going back to the album menu the entire page will shift up which is bit irritating always. At least these kind of small issues which affects the user experience must be resolved. Now black update is there and I hoped these issue will be resolved in this update. But it was not resolved.

Is there any provision for a user to raise a bug ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3