01-18-2013, 12:19 AM #426
- 15 Posts
Instead of a notification center having all the Toast Notifications show up on the screen until you have read them makes more sense and not have them disappear after a few seconds. I have always been a NOKIA user (Never used an Android or an iPhone don't plan to either ) and what i miss the most is having the phone notify you that you have missed something just by looking at it "Have the Windows Logo Blink". That would be more useful and practical than having a notification center.
01-18-2013, 12:27 AM #427
- 210 Posts
01-18-2013, 04:04 AM #431
- 2 Posts
i am considering moving from ANDROID to WP8 Lumia 920
one of few drawbacks aside for the lack of very important apps to me such as Instagram, Grindr, Growlr, and reliable Viber experience , is the cusotmizable notification center i now have on my Galaxy S2 custom ROM
so please WINDOWS(MICROSFOT) pump some money to developpers to make those apps available, and YES pls do make a customizable Notification center available
PS: when will u catch up with IOS's SIRI and Google Now Voice?!!!
any idea how important those features are Nowadays!!!
Again, Microsoft spend few bucks and make this available to remove any hesitation for end users to move in to ur beautiful Platform!
- 01-18-2013, 06:25 AM #432
01-18-2013, 07:14 AM #433
- 2,716 Posts
Notification Centre? Already got one. It's called my start screen.
Since the portico update my battery life has improved so much that I have got my lock screen timeout on never. My live tiles go on updating all day at my desk and its just a quick peek at my phone to see whats new. Every tile that would send notifications is in the top half of my start screen so i dont have to scroll down to see one when it comes in.
01-18-2013, 07:33 AM #434
- 35 Posts
I wonder if Microsoft would be willing to reconfigure the bing button. OK, the musicmatch and bing vision is pretty cool, but the ability to search sms, contacts, apps, emails, docs on the phone would be handy. Actually, is SMS searchable? Not that I would use it though.
- 01-18-2013, 08:21 AM #436
- 01-18-2013, 09:54 AM #437
I dunno. As of now it's a want for me, not a need. I have a some needs for WP8 that revolve around actually letting me deploy them in a corporate environment that's for another thread.
- 01-18-2013, 05:53 PM #439
01-19-2013, 12:32 AM #440
- 4 Posts
I have a love-hate relation with my phone due to WP8.
Things I miss and want RIGHT now!
- Be less like North Korea and give me some freedom. Damn! this phone is more locked then iOS. Where is my bittorent client, separate video/music player, file task manager and so on in appstore?
- Separate volume for ringtune/sms/mail/alarm
- Can´t watch internet tv, no apps or tru internet... Every smartphone on the market can handle this, why not WP8?
- Dropmenu with fast settings for internet/flight mode and so on..
- Internet Explorer, well this sucks! give me some other browser please!
- Bad Youtube support
- Why can´t I change colour on the stock apps?
- Vibrating buttons, no thanks this is not a ***** :(
- When I watch a movie tru Netflix the three buttons are lighted... This should bee possible to turn off.
- When I press a number in the phone book the name should come up.
- Built in BING search function sucks.
01-19-2013, 02:14 AM #443
- 7 Posts
- Gapless playback
- Facebook Toast notifications working out of the box (even with tinkering, I still havn't been able to get my notifications to work)
- Notifications in general aren't designed nicely. There needs to be some area (like on iOS/Android) where it lists all your unread notifications along with a very short detail (i.e. blurb) about the notification. If its an email, then like the first sentence of the email. If its a facebook notification, then first sentence of that etc etc
- Easily close applications when you hold the "left" key (this is the key on my phone which shows all running applications, there needs to be some gesture or X button that lets you easily close apps)
- Allow fullscreen apps to either ignore toast notifications or prevent user from interacting with them. When I play some fullscreen games, I am sometimes unable to play the game properly when a toast notification (such as a WIFI network appearing) which creates an area on the screen that I cant click
- 01-20-2013, 11:35 AM #445
Here is a novel idea. Some people want a notification center, some do not thus in order to appease both sides have the option of a center and an option to disable it. Problem solved. Also what WP needs to survive is plainly obvious, it needs apps, tons of apps, exclusive apps. When a new app comes out the first device it should be on is WP. Microsoft needs to open up the check book and start taking some losses. We all know WP won't be taking any marketshare in 2013 or 2014. But in 2015 and beyond they might have a chance. Also Xbox is clearly Microsoft's most popular brand. Where are the Xbox games and where the **** is the Xbox Phone?
- 01-20-2013, 05:43 PM #448
iPhone feature I miss
1) individual contact text tones
2) individual contact ring + vibrate or not
3) Repeating text alerts
4) vibrate with ring, not vibrate once and then ring
5) custom phone number labels in contact details, not just unhelpful 'work' and 'work 2'
6) folders to group related apps
7) time based sound/action control, eg don't push emails (and wake me up) at night, silence calls from strangers at night
8) 2nd alert in calendar events, eg remind me i have a meeting tomorrow and remind me the meeting is in 10 mins
Anyone else agree, or am I just a grumpy old bloke?
- By MrBacon42 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 03-04-2012, 05:54 PM
- By shubhashish in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 47Last Post: 01-23-2012, 10:51 PM
- By avaryj in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 40Last Post: 11-13-2011, 01:16 AM
- By Pronk in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 8Last Post: 10-16-2011, 01:26 AM