Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Like Tree517Likes
    Instead of a notification center having all the Toast Notifications show up on the screen until you have read them makes more sense and not have them disappear after a few seconds. I have always been a NOKIA user (Never used an Android or an iPhone don't plan to either ) and what i miss the most is having the phone notify you that you have missed something just by looking at it "Have the Windows Logo Blink". That would be more useful and practical than having a notification center.

Quote Originally Posted by FinancialP View Post
    Trolling because I guessed that someone speaks multiple languages? (Which is usually a compliment everywhere else)

Ok dude. That's a new one to me.
    It was your tone. Just leaving the last line off would have been sufficient. I know people who only speak English and it sounds like that. Making the statement you did then comes across as an insult. Just let the other person voluntarily say whether English is not their native tongue. It is one of those "think it but don't say it" things since you won't likely have all the background.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    559 Global Posts
    ^ thank you. That's a better explanation, and reasonable.

Editing post now and back on topic.

The top bar showing time and other details should be visible and fixed there all the time and notification center should be accessed by long pressing that bar. In this way notification center can be accessed anywhere anytime from any app.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    notification-example.png

i am considering moving from ANDROID to WP8 Lumia 920
    one of few drawbacks aside for the lack of very important apps to me such as Instagram, Grindr, Growlr, and reliable Viber experience , is the cusotmizable notification center i now have on my Galaxy S2 custom ROM
    so please WINDOWS(MICROSFOT) pump some money to developpers to make those apps available, and YES pls do make a customizable Notification center available

PS: when will u catch up with IOS's SIRI and Google Now Voice?!!!
    any idea how important those features are Nowadays!!!
    Again, Microsoft spend few bucks and make this available to remove any hesitation for end users to move in to ur beautiful Platform!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,474 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PAPACLIFFY View Post
    (snipped image showing potential solution)
    As nice as that looks, unfortunately it does not deal with the issue at hand. The issue at hand involves seeing missed toast notifications, and they would want a preview of the toast. Otherwise, they have to go in to the app to check and it demolishes the "Glance and Go" attitude attached to WP. As well as this, your solution undermines live tiles. An aggregated toast notification feed would not.

Quote Originally Posted by bouli#AC View Post
    Again, Microsoft spend few bucks and make this available to remove any hesitation for end users to move in to ur beautiful Platform!
    I would bet Microsoft are already shelling out big bucks on making WP more attractive to developers and users. This is a third of their "Three Screen" vision and I don't think they're going to allow that to be jeopardised if they can help it!

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Notification Centre? Already got one. It's called my start screen.
    Since the portico update my battery life has improved so much that I have got my lock screen timeout on never. My live tiles go on updating all day at my desk and its just a quick peek at my phone to see whats new. Every tile that would send notifications is in the top half of my start screen so i dont have to scroll down to see one when it comes in.

I wonder if Microsoft would be willing to reconfigure the bing button. OK, the musicmatch and bing vision is pretty cool, but the ability to search sms, contacts, apps, emails, docs on the phone would be handy. Actually, is SMS searchable? Not that I would use it though.

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blake View Post
    So now you want to turn your insults on my? Don't try to insult my intelligence...
    Doublefacepalm. Only because I don't have five hands.
    awwwww how sweeeeeet. thanks !
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
    Doublefacepalm. Only because I don't have five hands.

Who would have guessed that you would pile on. I have the approval and thanks from the only person that maters here. Me and my own conscience.

Global Posts
    1,742 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blehblehbleh View Post
    Aren't you still glancing and going even if it's a number tick? Yeah I get there's a lack of detail, but maybe the developer should make it so the live tile shows the most recent update info. I always understood the current implementation to make sense generally because as it stands if a user were to act upon the notification they most likely are going to launch the app anyway to do so.

But I still can see your perspective.
    Appreciate your reply. If the score update could go right into the LiveTile, that would be ok, but I'm not sure LiveTiles work that way. I think it can tick up a number instantly, but as for the other information appearing on the tile, isn't that only like every 20 or 30 minutes?

I dunno. As of now it's a want for me, not a need. I have a some needs for WP8 that revolve around actually letting me deploy them in a corporate environment that's for another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by theefman View Post
    Read the first and last sentences, the rest dissolved into a wall of text! Not sure what the idea was but MS is unlikely to read it here, try Microsoft answers.
    You must have a hard time reading books. Shame his idea's are good.

Global Posts
    559 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bouli#AC View Post

PS: when will u catch up with IOS's SIRI and Google Now Voice?!!!
    any idea how important those features are Nowadays!!!

No joke having used all platforms I can tell you Microsoft has been doing voice for a long time. It's actually pretty good. All they need is a natural voice like Google Now, and hook it to bing.

I remember using voice on my HTC Vogue.

I have a love-hate relation with my phone due to WP8.
    Things I miss and want RIGHT now!

- Be less like North Korea and give me some freedom. Damn! this phone is more locked then iOS. Where is my bittorent client, separate video/music player, file task manager and so on in appstore?
    - Separate volume for ringtune/sms/mail/alarm
    - Cant watch internet tv, no apps or tru internet... Every smartphone on the market can handle this, why not WP8?
    - Dropmenu with fast settings for internet/flight mode and so on..
    - Internet Explorer, well this sucks! give me some other browser please!
    - Bad Youtube support
    - Why cant I change colour on the stock apps?
    - Vibrating buttons, no thanks this is not a ***** :(
    - When I watch a movie tru Netflix the three buttons are lighted... This should bee possible to turn off.
    - When I press a number in the phone book the name should come up.
    - Built in BING search function sucks.
    Cyruss1989 likes this.

Global Posts
    585 Global Posts
    xbox music needs fixed, wifi sync needs to come back, and more alert tone customizations
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AF4590 View Post

- Be less like North Korea and give me some freedom. Damn! this phone is more locked then iOS. Where is my bittorent client, separate video/music player, file task manager and so on in appstore?
    - Cant watch internet tv, no apps or tru internet... Every smartphone on the market can handle this, why not WP8?
    - Bad Youtube support
    - When I watch a movie tru Netflix the three buttons are lighted... This should bee possible to turn off.
    Quit whining like a child. If you don't like it, get something else.
    - Gapless playback
    - Facebook Toast notifications working out of the box (even with tinkering, I still havn't been able to get my notifications to work)
    - Notifications in general aren't designed nicely. There needs to be some area (like on iOS/Android) where it lists all your unread notifications along with a very short detail (i.e. blurb) about the notification. If its an email, then like the first sentence of the email. If its a facebook notification, then first sentence of that etc etc
    - Easily close applications when you hold the "left" key (this is the key on my phone which shows all running applications, there needs to be some gesture or X button that lets you easily close apps)
    - Allow fullscreen apps to either ignore toast notifications or prevent user from interacting with them. When I play some fullscreen games, I am sometimes unable to play the game properly when a toast notification (such as a WIFI network appearing) which creates an area on the screen that I cant click

Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    Quit whining like a child. If you don't like it, get something else.
    What? Did you miss what the thred is about... Some people are just... Haha
    Thanked by:
    DaveGx 

Global Posts
    295 Global Posts
    Here is a novel idea. Some people want a notification center, some do not thus in order to appease both sides have the option of a center and an option to disable it. Problem solved. Also what WP needs to survive is plainly obvious, it needs apps, tons of apps, exclusive apps. When a new app comes out the first device it should be on is WP. Microsoft needs to open up the check book and start taking some losses. We all know WP won't be taking any marketshare in 2013 or 2014. But in 2015 and beyond they might have a chance. Also Xbox is clearly Microsoft's most popular brand. Where are the Xbox games and where the **** is the Xbox Phone?

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    It's all about applications now. Hardware is up to snuff. Now it's just about filling the Store.
    Quote Originally Posted by AF4590 View Post

- Bad Youtube support
    Shamefully, a mod went blahblah over a gif. So I will have to attempt again. Here it goes..

tumblr_ly18y8deaa1r9kp3yo1_250.gif

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    iPhone feature I miss
    1) individual contact text tones
    2) individual contact ring + vibrate or not
    3) Repeating text alerts
    4) vibrate with ring, not vibrate once and then ring
    5) custom phone number labels in contact details, not just unhelpful 'work' and 'work 2'

6) folders to group related apps
    7) time based sound/action control, eg don't push emails (and wake me up) at night, silence calls from strangers at night
    8) 2nd alert in calendar events, eg remind me i have a meeting tomorrow and remind me the meeting is in 10 mins

Anyone else agree, or am I just a grumpy old bloke?
    Ian
    willied likes this.

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    I don't think folders could really work in WP. Also, I think if MSFT will utilize hubs effectively enough to get rid of folders.
    Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

8 is on an iPhone? Wish I'd known.