- 11-04-2012, 09:24 PM #26
I hear them when im talking on the phone but they are not a big deal. I like that there is a notification. Maybe they should make make an on / of switch for that.
Also I want an orientation lock. Why doesn't WP have this? Its such a basic feature.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express
- 11-04-2012, 10:45 PM #27
- 11-04-2012, 10:47 PM #28
I use speech to text quite a bit. It is something that will be sorely missed on WP8.
Last edited by lordofthereef; 11-04-2012 at 10:55 PM.
- 11-05-2012, 02:48 AM #29
One thing that is unclear to my why they haven't added it yet is profiles. And by that i mean enable or disable wifi/bluetooth/set to vibrate/etc based on location or user preference.
Something that phones had a few years back and i believe iOS and Android both have it, is that if you set that you want to enable wifi when you get home or enable bluetooth when i'm in the car would be very nice. I now have to manually set it on/off and turn down the volume when i get at work. Would be nice if they added such a thing. Of course i could do it with NFC in the future, but why make it so difficult to do this stuff? Its the on of the few parts i feel that the platform is lacking. Next to the big-time games everybody is playing on other platforms and the customizing sms or set its volume.
- 11-05-2012, 02:50 AM #30
Apart from features already mentioned in this thread I miss
1) Smart Dialing
2) Music Sharing on Bluetooth
3) Using whole MP3 file as a ringtone
4) Profiles and making custom profiles
5) Separate Volume controls for each application (calling, music etc)
11-05-2012, 03:43 AM #31
- 31 Posts
Location-based alerts added to Rooms would be fantastic. I'm in the supermarket and my phone fires out an alert to tell me that my GF has added a shopping list to Rooms, reminding me to get milk.
I'd also like the ability to send texts automatically, based on calendar events (e.g. Birthdays). It would save me a lot of hassle - despite the fact that people's birthdays flash up on the calendar, I still forget to acknowledge them. If my phone could automatically text them, that problem would be no more.
As an amalgam of the two, lets say the calendar knows I finish work at 5, but I'm still there at 5:30. I'm obviously running late. It would be great if my phone could automatically send a text to the GF (or the relevant person if there's a calendar event scheduled straight after work) to tell them I'm running late.
This is all within the realms of possibility, and it would make the smartphone an essential in my life (apps etc are nice-to-haves - not yet is a smartphone essential to me). In Rooms, Microsoft already have the underpinnings of something great. Location-based actions would just be an extension of that (and something that turns Rooms in to a real USP).
Last edited by Satchef1; 11-05-2012 at 05:42 AM.
- 11-05-2012, 07:05 AM #36
I think labels is missing from WP8, for email. And choice in apps. Other than that, i don't really notice because there are things i want that WP8 does and Android doesn't.
- 11-05-2012, 09:10 AM #37
- 11-05-2012, 10:19 AM #39
Of the many things that you guys have pointed out here, there are a few other things which I sorely miss at times.
1. Somehow if I can unread an email, same should be allowed for messages. Sometimes my important messages (such as details abt a flight) get lost in the hoard of messages.
2. Searching of messages: How I wish I could just search a term and find out that long lost message which I am desperately scrolling to find.
3. Native calendar search functionality
4. More than 3 modes of brightness settings.
5. Not sure if it is there already, but I would want the marketplace to improve. Let me search by trending, top rated, top downloaded, top downloaded in 7 days etc....
6. Ability to access corporate email. My company's mail can be accessed over iPhone and other andriod phones, but not on my Windows Phone (tango). It seems that windows lacked some security policies... Is it there yet in WP8? If yes, then yay, I wont have to be red faced in front of my friends when I say I cant sync corporate email (and that too when our company uses Microsoft Office clients and web email client).
These are some of my gripes.
11-05-2012, 11:51 AM #40
- 727 Posts
Microsoft really needs to come forth and openly ask what we want in the next update. Clearly, there are plenty of things missing that many of us would like to see. Most, shouldnt really be difficult to do at all. It's just a matter of them getting the message.
- 11-05-2012, 01:05 PM #41
- 11-05-2012, 01:11 PM #42
11-05-2012, 03:20 PM #43
- 266 Posts
I think I'm probably biased, because windows phone 8 isn't selling yet in the Netherlands, but what I'm probably going to miss is full Bing search, local scout and tell me support for the Netherlands. Although advertised as provided, we still don't have full support in the Netherlands. I hope microsoft seriously invests in international support for this as we buy, essentially, into an incomplete product....not as advertised. I think I speak for other countries as well. In that regard I'm hoping that full windows phone 8 feacture support will be provided. Sad, really, the most basics of missing.
- 11-06-2012, 03:47 PM #49
- 11-06-2012, 04:02 PM #50
- By MrBacon42 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 03-04-2012, 04:54 PM
- By shubhashish in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 47Last Post: 01-23-2012, 09:51 PM
- By avaryj in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 40Last Post: 11-13-2011, 12:16 AM
- By Pronk in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 8Last Post: 10-16-2011, 12:26 AM