I am considering a windows phone 8 but have problems

jhmac77

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I would like a phone that uses Quicken. Unfortunately there are no apps for Quicken here. Android and IPhone have them on the new Quicken 2013 but that is another story.
Basic question here is can I download Quicken on WP 8? Is there any chance this will happen in the future. I understand that Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 are very similar in computer archetechture. WP8 hasWindows NT kernel with many components shared with Windows 8, allowing applications to be easily ported between the two platforms(wikipedia).

tcedwards

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm gonna tell you what your gonna hear from anyone you ask. WP8 is a new OS and many apps will be coming in the future. I haven't heard any rumors of a Quicken app (but too be fair I havnt looked either).

Wp8 is a fun , fresh, and amazing os. I highly recommend you get it. If the app is in iOS or Android then its likely to come to wp8. It may take time, but alot of apps are being made for wp8. With the kernal being close to windows 8, and Quicken being a popular money program, I'd say its likely to come over

But how long that will be is TBD

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
This forum might not be the place to be asking that question. Have you checked with Intuit? They would be the ones who put out the app. Send them an email.

jhmac77

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
As long as it took quicken to get mobile with android and iphone I would'nt hold my breath. They are really in love with Mint. It took many years to get some mobile apps. Quite a battle with many quicken users. I thought it would be easier just to use the Windows version of Quicken than try to get Intuit to really move in that direction.

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have not read anything saying or hinting that this is on the horizon, if this is a deal breaker for you the Samsung Galaxy SIII is a great Android phone you might want to look at for the time being. An iPhone 5 is another option, they tend to have great resale value so you could get one now and if/when quicken is available on WP8 you can sell yours and buy a WP8 phone.

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
It took forever to get Quicken on Windows Mobile and I suspect it will take just as long for them to find their way to Windows Phone. While I think seeing Quicken on Windows Phone, I would rather see more banks release apps for the platform... like Regions.

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Do they have a browser based app using HTML5? If so you can pin their page to your screen. I did that for the pulse website and I think its as good as a native app and the Pulse folk credited IE10 for that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos