Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Hi guys..

Adreno 305 is not better than 225.. It's about half as powerful as 225..

305 is the upgrade for previous generation 205 (both of these are for low end phones)
    320 is the upgraded version of 225 (both of these are for high end phones)

So 320>225>305>205
    Got it..?
    X0LARIUM likes this.

Global Posts
    1,763 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by madhu.tmk View Post
    Hi guys..

Adreno 305 is not better than 225.. It's about half as powerful as 225..

305 is the upgrade for previous generation 205 (both of these are for low end phones)
    320 is the upgraded version of 225 (both of these are for high end phones)

So 320>225>305>205
    Got it..?
    Thanks man..can u link us the source?

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    8S is fail. 1.0 ghz. 512 mb RAM. 4 GB. No thanks.
    Why? So far mine is working a treat. It is more than twice as fast as the Lumia 800 it replaces and, thanks to a 32Gb microSD card, it has more than twice the storage. It is appreciably slimmer and only a few mm wider (same height) so I'm getting all this double goodness in half the volume of phone. The 800's AMOLED screen was definitely nicer but the 8S's screen is more than acceptable. The camera quality seems to be about the same, which far exceeds my needs anyway. It also lasts a good three days on a charge, compared to two for the Lumia.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I just went through this same process and ultimately I really couldn't see the value in the cost of an 820 over the 8S. SO far my 8S has been great. I am currently having a problem with the microSD card but I'm hoping that is the card's fault.

Most of my gripes are with WP8, not with the hardware. The sync software is a complete waste of time - it takes a couple of minutes to sync my music every time I start it and it only allows me to copy whole albums or playlists, not individual songs. It reminds me of all the krappy sync software that used to frustrate the **** out of me in the dim, dark days of features phones and I cannot imagine ever using it. Sadly, the new phone doesn't show up in Zune, so I am left to copy stuff across in Explorer, which is pretty krap. Zune is the whole reason I got into the whole MS ecosystem - it single-handedly made me see MS in a completely different light. I can't believe they have ditched it for a piece of garbage like the new sync app.
    Thanked by:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Motor_Mouth View Post
    Zune is the whole reason I got into the whole MS ecosystem - it single-handedly made me see MS in a completely different light. I can't believe they have ditched it for a piece of garbage like the new sync app.
    Aye, I was a HUGE fan of Zune as well. That software coupled with a Music Pass was absolute perfection!

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    The 620 is cheaper and faster, but it also comes with the ethical (and quality assurance) concerns around Foxconn-style "death factories." The HTC devices, in contrast, are assembled by well-paid union workers with health care and retirement benefits in Taiwan. That's something of a consideration for me as well.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Motor_Mouth View Post
    Why? So far mine is working a treat. It is more than twice as fast as the Lumia 800 it replaces and, thanks to a 32Gb microSD card, it has more than twice the storage. It is appreciably slimmer and only a few mm wider (same height) so I'm getting all this double goodness in half the volume of phone. The 800's AMOLED screen was definitely nicer but the 8S's screen is more than acceptable. The camera quality seems to be about the same, which far exceeds my needs anyway. It also lasts a good three days on a charge, compared to two for the Lumia.
    First of all, there is NO way it is "twice as fast" as the 800. Second, all you can do with an SD card is put pictures and music on it. In the meantime, you are left with barely 2 GB of usable space for APPS. Honestly, I'd rather have an 800 running 7.8, it would be a more useful device. What is the point of having WP8 if you have barely any room for all those great new apps and you only have 512 MB of RAM so you will miss out on the best apps?

Global Posts
    1,763 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brmiller1976 View Post
    The 620 is cheaper and faster, but it also comes with the ethical (and quality assurance) concerns around Foxconn-style "death factories." The HTC devices, in contrast, are assembled by well-paid union workers with health care and retirement benefits in Taiwan. That's something of a consideration for me as well.
    So far the best reason to buy the 8S.

Sent from my DROID RAZR on JB.

Global Posts
    1,763 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by socialcarpet View Post
    First of all, there is NO way it is "twice as fast" as the 800. Second, all you can do with an SD card is put pictures and music on it. In the meantime, you are left with barely 2 GB of usable space for APPS. Honestly, I'd rather have an 800 running 7.8, it would be a more useful device. What is the point of having WP8 if you have barely any room for all those great new apps and you only have 512 MB of RAM so you will miss out on the best apps?
    That's exactly my quandary. Forget the apps or forget money? He he..

Sent from my DROID RAZR on JB.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123