How did this 'Restore'?

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I had to reset my gf's 920. Did the Restore. Downloaded all the apps. Launched Shared Shopping List, it already had our list.

How is that possible? On all other devices (Focus, Surround & 900) we had to share the code. I thought Restore didn't do app settings.

(On a side note: WP8 Restore needs Start Screen restore, better wifi/Bluetooth memory, better system settings memory)

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I also wish the restore would fix the start screen live tile size and locations.. that's by far the biggest thing for me, not downloading apps as I have so few :p

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It restored because the developer of the app tied the phone's ID to the app, so when it installed, it looked at the phone's ID, then at the database in the cloud, and it realized that it had been there before, and restored its settings. If you look at his FAQ page, there's a question about selling your phone (if I remember right), and he says that you should disconnect the phone from lists if you get rid of the phone.
Shared Shopping List

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
To add a bit more clarity to my answer - the restore didn't restore the app settings. The way the developer wrote the app, that is what restored the settings.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Ah I figured as much, it is just like the GT tying a AlphaJax table to your name or Nokia Maps pulling your MS Account and not making you sing in if it is one and the same. Thanks for the info.

Now I have to figure out how to drag and drop these Xbox music files over. W7 PC saying they are protected wont even let me transfer. Xbox Music, phone syncing is such a mess.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos